Gothic 2 Gold Officially Announced for NA
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Gothic 2 Gold Officially Announced for NA

Following our recent news that <a href="http://www.aspyr.com/" target="_blank">Aspyr Media</a> looked to be publishing several JoWood properties and distributing via Navarre in NA comes the official <a href="http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=60984" target="_blank">announcement, which includes Gothic II Gold as expected</a>:<blockquote><em>AUSTIN, TX (October 10, 2005) - Aspyr Media today announced it has signed an exclusive publishing agreement with JoWooD to publish four of JoWooD’s award-winning compilation PC titles in North America. This is the first time North American players will be able to purchase SpellForce Platinum, Gothic II Gold, Silent Storm Gold, and The Guild Gold in the U.S. and Canada. All of the compilations include the original title and their corresponding expansion packs. In SpellForce Platinum, players will get three games in one – the original, its sequel, and the game’s add-on pack. Each compilation pack will sell for $19.99 and all are scheduled for release in November 2005.</em></blockquote>Here's the Navarre product page for <a href="http://www.navarre.com/prodhome.aspx?ItemNumber=2180595" target="_blank">Gothic II Gold</a>, for reference.
Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:02 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

It's about bloody time. Now I know what I want for my birthday.
Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:04 pm
GothicGothicness
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

About bloody time? it's waaay tooo laaaate if you ask me, the way they treated us english speaking customers we should get the expansion for free with Gothic 3 or something
Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:12 pm
evil_lemming
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

it is very late, most of the hardcore fans would have bought the german addon and used the translation pack that the fans made (btw thank you guys:)) anyway.. anyone have a release date on G3? the only site I've senn a date for it has it at the end of jan 06
Post Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:43 am
Garrett

g3 is out 'when it's done'
i assume it will be spring 06 or even later, to be honest
Post Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:40 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

It is nice to see them finially get to the NA market. But I already bought Spellforce and all seperate expansions for 80 USD through the UK, the same for Silent Storm and its expansion (similiar to Jagged Alliance series) for about 69 USD thriough UK Ebay, and Gothic 2 Gold expansion (still waiting) for a shit load of money.

The problem is by the time the titles get to the NA market, at least the fans already bought the games (Atari Gothic 2 took a 6 months to a year to release in NA -many people already bought the game from UK). Then these companies think they do not sell well.

Then again, most people do not know how to get these games through the back door. So maybe 90% of people will still buy and enjoy them. They are pretty good.

I wish I could have got them for 20 USD a bundle.

Still waiting on Gothic 2 NotR from Botonland. It has been 25 day since I placed my order. They are so fucking slow for 65 USD I could have just waited unti November to buy the game for 20 USD. This pisses me off to no end.
Post Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:49 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Saw this awile ago im not excited or anything because its been so long i dont even really care about it i dont think im even going to play it and just wait for Gothic 3 because i'll have Oblivion to play next month.

But will see i do like Gothic but this is just an addon.
Post Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:45 am
innerged

about time the realesed the so deperately anticipated addon........
gothic is the coolest rpg game ive ever played, it bigger better than anything ive come to play. I used to think Final Fantasy franchise where the best.
but thats childs play compared to gothic, i have 1 and 2, but just to get my hands on the addon, i dont mind another copy of gothic 2.

GOTHIC RULES, IT SHOULD BECOME THE NEW MYTH OF TH 21st CENTURY
Post Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:20 pm