Mika problem...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
THNihilist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Mika problem...

I'm just starting the game for a second time. I beat it last time as a sneaky dragonhunter archer so now I'm making an aspiring butt-kicking-for-goodness paladin.

Anyway, I'm trying to get that package from Akil, but I need to clear the mercenaries (Alvarez or whoever and his buddy) off Akil's land first. Last game, I just ran back and asked Mika for help and he took care of them for me.

This game, however, I can't get a dialogue except 'leave me alone!' out of Mika. What did I (or didn't I) do to make him clam up?

At first, I thought it might be my farm clothes, but he does the same thing to me in my leather armor. I've tried guildless and as the blacksmith's apprentice, and neither works. I know that I hadn't joined a faction by that point last game, so that can't be it.

I've been playing as 'good' of a character as I can this time around, so I've been turning in criminals, etc. Maybe this made him angry?

Arrrrrgh. I was hoping to do this quest early for some XP, but I can't kill these guys on my own yet...

Any ideas?
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:34 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Don't know about Mika, but I cleared out those two easily, by antagonising them and then backing off to let the others do my dirty work. I just hopped in near the end.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:53 am
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

Make sure to talk to Randolph as well. Then get the mercs mad until they attack and all the ppeople from the farm will help you and join the fight.

Kay
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:35 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Mika problem...

quote:
Originally posted by THNihilist
Anyway, I'm trying to get that package from Akil, but I need to clear the mercenaries (Alvarez or whoever and his buddy) off Akil's land first. Last game, I just ran back and asked Mika for help and he took care of them for me.

This procedure is not guild-specific. It should work for every game.

quote:
This game, however, I can't get a dialogue except 'leave me alone!' out of Mika. What did I (or didn't I) do to make him clam up?

Seems like you have beated him up carelessly. If he calls you a "filthy brute", use Oblivion spell to clear up his mind. (Paying your fine to Lord Andre or Lord Hagen does not help as Mika is not considered as a city guard or a citizen.)

You can purchase Oblivion spellscrolls from Ignaz, an alchemist at the poor district of the city.

quote:
At first, I thought it might be my farm clothes, but he does the same thing to me in my leather armor. I've tried guildless and as the blacksmith's apprentice, and neither works. I know that I hadn't joined a faction by that point last game, so that can't be it.

... I've been turning in criminals, etc. Maybe this made him angry?

I highly doubt it if your clothes, guild, apprentice status and criminal whistling will influence Mika's impression on you. Again, try Oblivion spell to see if it changes Mika's reaction.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:39 pm
THNihilist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmmmm... Thanks for the advice. He's talking to me now, but I'm still not sure what was wrong with him.

He started talking to me soon (but not immediately) after I had joined the militia. But I didn't join the militia last game, and he talked to me the first time I saw him. Weird.

I know for sure that I hadn't beat him up - he wasn't yelling 'filthy brute', just an casually annoyed 'leave me alone'. Anyway, I didn't get a chance to try out oblivion since he started talking to me.

I already cleared out Akil's farm without him, but it would've been nice to have his help...

Anyway, thanks again for the suggestions!
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:55 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
I know for sure that I hadn't beat him up - he wasn't yelling 'filthy brute', just an casually annoyed 'leave me alone'. Anyway, I didn't get a chance to try out oblivion since he started talking to me.

Hmm, I had this weird situation before, but not with Mika. It's definitely not related to my guild status and the Oblivion spell. However, when I keep changing my position around the person, and talk to him again, the person will eventually have conversation with me.

So, next time when you have this situation again, move to a different place, and try to talk again. Perhaps the person will speak to you. If it fails, keep doing it until you pull your hair off, physically.

Try it in your previously saved games and see if it works.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:02 am