pillars problem~
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Eli18
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

pillars problem~

in the dragon island, where u activate the pillars and it turns the a wooden door and a blue light starts glowing, i have discovered 2 pillars so far but i can't find the other 2 i'm not sure if there is 2 or 3 more left,
there is this 2 place where i go i'm sure it is there, it like 3 faces with 3 switch and when press them a gas starts coming out of the ground it doesn't work and the other place is the same and when i do the same thing this 2 guard appear and kick my ass, i just don't know where to go to activate those 2 pillars , help please!
Post Sun May 16, 2004 6:15 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

You are at the right places, you have to find the right combination with the 3 switches, if I'm not mistaken: middle right left. and those 2 shadowwarriors, well you will have to find a way to kick their asses
Post Sun May 16, 2004 7:03 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Re: pillars problem~

quote:
Originally posted by Eli18
...this 2 guard appear and kick my ass

What level are you, when I came there for the first time, I was already such a high level that they couldn't really hurt me. Allright you can have a cup of tea in the meantime, but they shouldn't be a very big problem.
Post Sun May 16, 2004 8:24 pm
cynosure
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Pillar Room - Dragon Island

it took me a long time to find where i left my game cd and now i already have to post; this sounds exactly where i'm stuck, for dayzzz - the three switches are on three faces and i did this combination - M-R-L. Middle activated the two skeletons; I put them out. I went to the right, nothing happened; went to the left switch, nothing happened. The stone in the middle did not rise. I went back and hit the R twice, skeleton > dead; L - three times > skeletons dead - still NO STONE rose from the ground - i am so sick of this room!!; apparently I don't get this room - anyone help?
Post Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:41 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

well then you just have to try to use the eliminating way:
you start at one spot and push the 3 buttons clockwise, is it the wrong combination use an other combination, but right all the possible combinitions: basic logics
Post Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:17 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

You activate each of the 3 switches only once....like mrl,mlr,lmr,lrm,rml,rlm
If a badass pops out, you got the combination wrong

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:19 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

And what you have to remember that you have to press the buttons in "cycle" and the 'cycle' consists of 3 buttons. If you press 1 or 2, then move out and come back and press then buttons 3 times, even with the right combination, you get smoked. Or kicked. Though by the time you are there, you should be able to kick all of those mobs easily on your own. Anyways, the 'cycle' means 3 button and 'cycle end' is either the smoke pop/mob spawm (wrong combination) or the animation about the pillar raising (right combination). As to what the combination is.. There are only 3 buttons, so it's pretty easy to find out the right combo
Post Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:13 am
cynosure
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks Uri .. I had the wrong objective on this room - I'm moving on and out
Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:10 am