Cliff Dweller
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Rallos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Cliff Dweller

Outside the Old Camp I was wondering around and I found what looked like to be a step. (Now I'm not entirely sure where exactly was but I do remember it being I think close to the south Gate, though I may be mistaken.) I climbed the step and a path of more steps lead me higher and higher up the mountain till I came upon a small cave with a run away digger inside it. He said he was tired of the Old Camp and their bossy ways so he went up here. Ofcourse I was working for the Old Camp at the time so I decided to kill him because he was a slacker. He had no valubles besides the basic provisions of food and water, and I think a diggers pick. But an interesting find none the less.

Just remember that it is a pretty situation to get down. I'd advise teleporting if you do have the rings if you manage to get up there.
Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:06 am
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

The name of the "run-away" digger is Gilbert and when you find him you get 100XP.By the way you should post this thread over the *Gothic-Tips&Tricks* and not here.
Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:51 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

If you force walk to the edge of a step, then move forward, you fall with your back against the wall. No flying leaps.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:48 pm
Backside
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

it isn't end of riddle - you can climb higher and run trough the mountains, enyoing the view of Old Camp or Orkish Terrotoris :]. Go lower and on the other side of the mountain there will be a fancy place - a boiling water in a pot and a little cave with two bed's like in New Camp or Brotherhood and two wooden boxex with nithing inside ! [here will you meet diego in G2]

In the 3 or 4 act go to help Milten and then follow him, slaughter few Orkish Warriors and orkish Dog's and than Milten went tho this place (he will sit there and watch the pot)...
Before 3rd or after 3rd act you can find in boxes a few unnesecery things like 30 arrows, several iron ore and old axe :].

In Gothic 2 go two the same place. In the Gilbert's cave you will find a letter from Gilbert - then go higher and you will find the very interesting herb :] (sorry, but don't know this name in english, you must use this herb to all potions witch incerase your power etc.)
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:34 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Hey Backside nice info about the Gilbert letter didnt know that neither the plant up there.It is a King's Sorrel?I hope it is and by the way that place is the "Meeting Place" at Gothic 1 and the "Diego's Hide Out" in Gothic2.(if you didnt know it already7)
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:31 pm
Backside
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks :] - I'd love in G1 travel around the world and discover whatever I can .
I thought it was a meeteing place, but I have seen there only Milten.
Remember that Milten said that they meet "once her, once here", so it could be one of meeting place's. And of course I now it's diego hide out :].

Sorry, but I haven't play the english version of Gothic so I don't know the name of this plant, but it could be King's Sorrel, because in polish version it's named Royal (...).
Post Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:28 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Yeah, it's King's Sorrel in the English version. I too found the letter from Gilbert, but didn't bother reading it until later in the game, and by then I couldn't remember where I had found it.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:58 am
Backside
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

In Gothic I we could meet ex Lee and than we could meet him in G2.
I thinking if PB put Gilbert in G3 (or maybe he is already in G2 add-on), because in his letter he told us that he run away but he isn'i in any cave in Colony and nowwhere in Khorinis...
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:43 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I dont think that Gilbert will show up in NotR or any other gothic/addon, hes probably just another loose end.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:01 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I imagine that when he tried to escape he was killed.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:05 pm