Stuck in Shadow Ruins
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Lords

Author Thread
brant55555
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Stuck in Shadow Ruins

OK you know how you have to activate 4 buttons to progress through the ruin, well I can't seem to find one of them. Specifically the one that loos like a triangle in a circle (often red) location on the door is top left. I have done the one that requires jumping through the fire, done the one where you go through the small room with the murals of the orc fighting a paladin, and I finished the on where you follow the ghost. I have no Idea where to go next I have checked everywhere, and I seem to be stuck.
Post Thu May 19, 2005 2:18 am
jmaisc
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

To get that one, You have to start from the main entrance corridor and go left.
In the room there will be a book that will open a small room and the portal will teleport you to another room with chests. I got a shadow cristal on those room and now i'm not sure witch one.
Then back to main entrance, go right past the portal the corridor with the gliphs on the ground an continue until you reach a room with two stone statues.
Use the book open a room just outside this one on the corridor. You need 2 cristals. Go inside the room and activate the right statues, fight and kill then do the same to the left one. After they are killed a new portal will opens.
Post Tue May 24, 2005 10:35 am
zaneor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

After that you will come to the Athena blockers, kill all four since they give you 370 000 each in experience. It´s just to stand a bit away from them so thay can´t hit you.

Well I´ve done this part and after that I come to a room with 3 Athena Guardians, anybody who knows what to do here?
Post Tue May 24, 2005 10:52 am
jmaisc
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

In that room there will be one portal only, that leads you into the realms. You will need to go through the portals until you land on a island with a chest. When you open it you will get a cristal, then find the stairs back to the room, use the cristal in one statue (it will work only in one of them, if the first one you try don't work try the others). Kill the statue it would open a new portal, go through it repeat the process until you find another chest, return use on the statue and kill it. Do the same for the third one and a new portal will open leading you to a room with four knights in each corner and the glyph on the middle.
Post Tue May 24, 2005 11:18 am
zaneor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Finding the chest(s)

Thanks for the help! I worked realy good! One thing can I add: to find the chest in the Shadow realm, do the 3 and 4 combination to get to the exit-portal but do not go through. Go instead through the other one thats standing there alone, then you´ll come to the chest(s).

But after this I´ve been running around, trying to fix the last one, but I do not know what to do. Do you know? Anybody?
Post Tue May 24, 2005 12:23 pm
jmaisc
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I don't remember the correct order, but I remember that I had to jump over some portals, well a lot of them, but i end up in one with the chest.
Post Tue May 24, 2005 12:37 pm
zaneor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

But I do not know how to get the last one, after this... Would you be kind and help me with this as well? (the rune down to the left)

By the way, are we suppose to get somewere through the mini-room with the 2 portals and the changing Beast-Knight-Pictures?
Post Tue May 24, 2005 12:48 pm
jmaisc
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh, sorry, I was thinking that you were missing the last shadow cristal on the room with 3 statues.

But if you are missing the gif the is the lef bottom, yes is through the portal in which you get the kinght and beast on the wall.

To go on this one, you have to look to the position of the knight when passing the portal, the knigh position points you to the exit you should take. In the end you will be travelling through the portal with the knight in the front 3 or 4 times until you get pass to the next path, which I think, its the realms again.....
Post Tue May 24, 2005 1:04 pm
zaneor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks for the help, it worked just fine! I camed to a jump-puzzle with pushing statues after the hopefully last time in Shadow Lands, which was pretty easy. I keept jumping on the blue stones, even diagonally.

Now I also found some written on another forum, just to help you guys who have´nt done this part yet: http://support.typhoongames.com/board/forum_posts.asp?TID=1912&PN=3&TPN=1

I got a tip for the end boss: run and jump away from his spells. If his ice-spell hits you, press the Escape button and wait it out. Works also good against this spell from whoever that casts it.
Post Tue May 24, 2005 1:21 pm
tperr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

stuck in SR with no glyphs

I have a black gas ring and a shadow crystal--nothing else. I opened the room outside of the room with the 2 guardians, went in the small room near the entrance, jumped over the glyph columns, killed the 4 guardians, swam through some water that kept hurting me when the posts went down, took a crystal from a statue in a room with a thousand portals, met Kingston and--I DO NOT HAVE A GLYPH YET--What am I doing wrong? When do I start to get the glyphs??????????
Post Sat May 28, 2005 12:54 am
arnox
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

darn floaty islands

Is there a trick to the floating islands? I'm throught the room with collums with glyphs on them, then i turned left and went through a few portals, the last one put me on an island that's floating...surrounded by other islands that are floating...all of them have 2 gates on them and nothing hinting at which to take, I've just spent an hour running through gates and haven't seen a thing of interest or a way out....PLeAsE HELP
Post Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:17 am
zaneor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yes there are. Jump through a gate with 2 big stones at the side (and 4 stones), then on the next iland, jump through the gate with 3 stones on both sides. Repeat this several times. Sometimes it does not work, then try to go 2-3 times in a row through gates with 3 stones on the sides, and then continue as I described above. You get the catch finally. I know this is the worst part of the game, you got my sympathy, it´s pure agony to run on those ilands.

This is also described in other posts. Search through the posts on this forum.
Post Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:35 pm