My opinions...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

My opinions...

I have been wating, for 4 years for this game!
No, when the releas is near (In Sweden) im allready dissapointed,
I don't even feel that i wan't to buy the game becouse i know my computer
can't hande the "fancy" graphics in Morrowind.

I mean, my computer is not slow! I get around 70-120 fps in Soldier of Fortune 2 Multiplayer with like 10 players!

Anyway, i think im off to play a real RPG game, that can be played smooth, so that you can enjoy the story...
Post Fri May 03, 2002 3:33 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

My friend..

If you want to enjoy the story, then who cares if you have all the graphics maxxed out?? The 'story' is just that....a story. You could follow a storyline back in the days of MUDs...(am I revealing my age here??? ) I can't see that getting those enormous fps's would be that much of a difference in an RPG...Soldier of Fortune II, for example, you NEED those high frames...but not in Morrowind .. (this topic has been touched on in another thread, so I won't go into detail here..)

I just think that if a gamer is a true RPG fan, MW will still be the most immersive game available...
And for those of you who, like me, don't NEED the eye candy cranked up, well..hope you all enjoy the game, too!
Post Fri May 03, 2002 4:07 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

First of all, my computer:
AMD 900 Mhz
256 Mb RAM
Geforce 2 MX

I know, the graphics isn't that important! But i wan't to be able to see what im doing! Thats hard when you have like the textures disabled and the view range to -100...
Post Fri May 03, 2002 4:10 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Please, everyone who played Morrowind, will I be able to run the game with my computer, (look above) with these settings:

800x600x16
Shadows, Fog OFF
Medium Quaility
Post Fri May 03, 2002 5:00 pm
Karhgath

Makes me laugh

People like that makes me laugh.

First of all, one fact beforehand: Ever heard of the loud minority? When every game comes out, if you check the boards, you will see that eveyone whines, everyone has crashes, everyone can't play the game with they comp at max, etc. However, you soon realize that it is just a loud minority. When things goes bad, you like to complain. However, when it goes well, you're probably too busy to play to even post on the board. It is a lot harder to compliment than to bash.

Don't get dissapointed by those in here whining. They are like less than 1% of the community. They are the loud minority. Same happened with Civilization 3 for example. And countless of games had the same fate. Same for hardware. You'll havethe ATI bashers, the Asus bashers, etc. However, they are the moinority who had bad experiences... but the rest of the people had it ok.

Don't get fooled by the loud minority.

Now, to the point. Well, don't exagerate too much. With your system, you might just have to disable shadows, dont do AA and maybe lower the view distance a little. You will certainly not have to disable textures or anything, lol. I mean, textures, beside takign space, doesn't take processing power much, unless you use 64bit trillinear filtering, hehe.

Don't worry, you'll play the game fine and enjoy it immensely... well, so I hope, still havent played it, my local stores don't have it yet =(( A frien of mine hasthe barely minimum system and still enjoys the game... and yes, he has textures and a good view distance, hehe.

Just dont jump to extremes!
Post Fri May 03, 2002 5:04 pm

freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

yes

The shadow effect for me was the biggest lag, so with no shadow at all, you will do just fine. The resolution is also a big difference and I am playing on that very smoothly and going to try and raise the res and get rid of mabe some of the distance and shadow. Get the game. You will regret not buying it and with your specs you can freely and gratefully find the specs that you can play with and still get good graphics and quality. Like a previous statement. I am more into the story and playing my toon than the graphics right now.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 5:08 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Okay thanks!

But realy, i was dissapointed, i had been waiting for ages, and I cannot upgrade my computer since i don't have alot of money, anyway, i hope that your right, now i will stop complaining.

(Btw, you should register!)
Post Fri May 03, 2002 5:10 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

okay freakinaye, im convinced.

Anyway, who realy want shadows? Its not that you stop to
look on the shadows and says. "Oh my god, thats a nice looking shadow!"

Same with other effects like fog, sky and such... well, i don't think it make a big difference. I just to disable that kind of stuffs before i play any game, even if my system would go with the effects on... oh well.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 5:15 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Rawis
Please, everyone who played Morrowind, will I be able to run the game with my computer, (look above) with these settings:

800x600x16
Shadows, Fog OFF
Medium Quaility

read around some before posting the same question again, and again.

Me...have duron 950mhz overklockad from 700mhz
me have 2 5 6 mb ram sdr 133mhz
with an gf2 mx 400 32mb sdr ram

me have 70fps indoors, 30-60fps outdoors
slider distance have middle
slider for shadows have middle
AI slider to near.

funka skit bra så jala raus etc,etc.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 6:54 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
quote:
Originally posted by Rawis

800x600x16
Shadows, Fog OFF
Medium Quaility

read around some before posting the same question again, and again.

Me...have duron 950mhz overklockad from 700mhz
me have 2 5 6 mb ram sdr 133mhz
with an gf2 mx 400 32mb sdr ram

me have 70fps indoors, 30-60fps outdoors
slider distance have middle
slider for shadows have middle
AI slider to near.

funka skit bra så jala raus etc,etc.

So your probably have miraculous PC .
Post Fri May 03, 2002 7:02 pm
Breakapart
Village Leader
Village Leader

That's it! I'm done with this game! When i look down i can't see my toes! What kinda freakin RPG is this when i can't even see my own toes!

Ohhh, i can play in 3rd person....ahh, there are my toes....hello toes.

I can't name a game EVER that SOMEONE didn't have to adjust the settings down from max to play it.

You people are starting to sound like the guy i met that was pissed he couldn't play MS Flight Sim 2000 on his pentium 75mhz worth a darn. He said i never needed to upgrade for a game before, no way i'm going to now.

I just shrugged and walked away...
Post Fri May 03, 2002 7:08 pm

OP: Dont worry. I am quite sure you can play it smoothly (20-30 fps) at 800x600. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your vid card, and update your entire OS (clean it out, maybe even reinstall from scratch). With shadows off, and no AA, you should be able to have at least medium detail:)

But look at me: I have a p3 450, 128mb and a tnt2 non-ultra, and I WILL buy it and I WILL enjoy it. I played Might and Magic 8 on a p120 with a stealth2 and 32 mb, and I found out that you can easily enjoy a rpg with choppy graphics.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 7:09 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Breakapart
That's it! I'm done with this game! When i look down i can't see my toes! What kinda freakin RPG is this when i can't even see my own toes!

Just look under your table, you will see...
Post Fri May 03, 2002 7:10 pm