Wow...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

Wow...

yesturday i purchased Neverwinter Nights, and have been playing it, and i am awed. YES, the graphics are NOT that great, but the gameplay is dungeons and dragons 3rd edition rules JUST as i imagined it would be on the PC, if not BETTER, i cant wait to try out multiplayer!

Don't you feel better now?
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:42 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

What's wrong with the graphics? Run it in 800 by 600 or more and they're better than Dungeon Siege's, IMO. Certainly, your character's core appearance is more variable. And the extras! Lighting and dynamic shadows that WORK and don't lag my system... I wish Morrowind's worked that well.

But yes... the main strength is the implementation of the 3e ruleset. They tried very hard to make every feat USEFUL, which is something that 3e dosn't (toughness in tabletop? C'mon... 1 feat wasted for 3 hit points? In NWN it's 1 feat for +1 hp per level... which is the same as having a con of 2 higher. Now that's not a bad use for a feat slot, especially for wizards and clerics since the item creation feats aren't in the game.). I was skeptical and I must admit... I am impressed.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 6:20 pm
stealth
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I can’t understand why the people that said Dungeon Siege was gorgeous now less than 2 months later call NWN’s graphics engine dated. It’s just as good as DS and in some cases way better. I’m really impressed with the shadows & lightning. Wow!
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:13 pm