View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
runestones
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A little help needed + some weird things ingame

This is the story.
I was looking through my CDs and found gothic2, thought id play again.
Last time i completed the game wit a fire mage. This time i went wit A ranged pally.
Nows the problem, in the mining colony, after killing 3 dragons, i ported back the 2 the castle, talked 2 the leader and i got an option : I have killed all the dragons, blablaba.
I though, hey why not, though i havent killed the ice dragon yet, this is the easy way out.
So yeah i took the chanse and everything was nice.
After some time, when i reached the monastery and the dungeons under that thing, some problems accured.
1. Of em is that i cannot open the door, in the dungeon, it needs a key.
When i first played G2 ALONG time agoo, i really dont remember how i got it open. I read from some topic that u can get a key from the book in the halls, b efore the dungeon entrance, but i cannot open the book.
Now i hope that this all is just some small problem, thati have overlooked, and nothing 2 do wit the ice dragon.
Goz i did go back, and tryd 2 kill it, but though i can talk to the ice dragon, hitting it dosnt 2 much, though the sounds come out like the dragon is getting hit, hes HP dosnt decrease.
SO can any1 help me, mby ive just misread something, or havent found some things.
Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:04 am
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

Freezing spells (scrolls) are working best here.
Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:20 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

Re: A little help needed + some weird things ingame

quote:
Originally posted by runestones
This is the story.
I was looking through my CDs and found gothic2, thought id play again.
Last time i completed the game wit a fire mage. This time i went wit A ranged pally.
Nows the problem, in the mining colony, after killing 3 dragons, i ported back the 2 the castle, talked 2 the leader and i got an option : I have killed all the dragons, blablaba.
I though, hey why not, though i havent killed the ice dragon yet, this is the easy way out.
So yeah i took the chanse and everything was nice.
After some time, when i reached the monastery and the dungeons under that thing, some problems accured.
1. Of em is that i cannot open the door, in the dungeon, it needs a key.
When i first played G2 ALONG time agoo, i really dont remember how i got it open. I read from some topic that u can get a key from the book in the halls, b efore the dungeon entrance, but i cannot open the book.
Now i hope that this all is just some small problem, thati have overlooked, and nothing 2 do wit the ice dragon.
Goz i did go back, and tryd 2 kill it, but though i can talk to the ice dragon, hitting it dosnt 2 much, though the sounds come out like the dragon is getting hit, hes HP dosnt decrease.
SO can any1 help me, mby ive just misread something, or havent found some things.

before the xardass tower lester is standing with a latteer for oyu from xardas he will tell you how to open the book
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:58 pm
marevix
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The fine fellow above me has stated, in a slightly broken manner, the answer to your question. After Ch.4, Lester is waiting for you outside Xardas' tower with a letter. After confessing that he read it, he gives it to you saying that all he could read was mumbo jumbo. After reading the letter, your character is capable of opening a book called 'The Halls of Irdorath', containing the key to the chamber with the Tears of Innos and the chart to the island held within.
Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:03 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

exactly
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:37 pm