Usergroups
Beware Kvatch
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - General

Author Thread
Dark Phoenix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I did the first gate and chapel latst night. No BTmod, no issues. BTW, I'm a level 13 Nord tank and it was a close thing. good thing I read the posts here. I was only planning on goin MUCH later.
Post Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:20 am
teras
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have finished the Kvatch siege and I had no problem at all. I'm not using any mods. In fact I never had a CTD so far. The only problem is that sometimes when I quit the game crashes, but ONLY when I exit the game so it's not really much of a problem. I have tweaked the ini according to this guide: http://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_1.html ,especially the memory tweaks. It is a really good work. I hope it helps.
Post Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:31 am
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Stealth is definately the hardest build around level 10-20. Stealth combinded with Marksmanship is pretty lethal though, espically how half the time the monsters won't even attack while you pile arrows into them...in the endgame I would say the combat orientated builds are the most powerful as basically your character is immune to all magic and can drop most enemies in 4-5 swings while a power attack from an enemy will barely even move your health bar.
Post Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:52 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by teras
In fact I never had a CTD so far. The only problem is that sometimes when I quit the game crashes, but ONLY when I exit the game so it's not really much of a problem.

Same here and we are not the only one. Seems like quite a usual thing.
Post Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:08 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I kicked Kvatch in the Kvatch, as it were. The only trouble I had there was the dodgy low FPS as I was trying to get used to having so many actors on screen at once. Over time they got thinned out. My only technical troubles come from alt-tabbing into/outof the game, where it's got about a 50% chance to CTD.
Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:25 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2