Usergroups
Arcanum Impressions ?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ok...I don't know about all of you but the best melee weapon in the game is a tech weapon. The pyrotechnic axe. Also you can't get your followers to learn schematics....however sometimes items you find or your follower makes can be made into that schematic you found. Just buy a few technical manuals to raise your expertise a bit to be able to create said item from schematic. I played the game not to be most powerful.... but made a char I enjoyed playing. Sure...you can be the most uber mage out there but are you having fun doing it? I for instance liked being a gambling charismatic pretty boy. I guess the main thing that intrigued me about the game is the ability to create things. Not many games let create stuff.
Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:20 am
Kraszu
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by xSamhainx
Disliked it. Half the game IMHO is about being immersed in the "industrial revolution" of some medievel world, yet the technological end of the game totally blows! I liked the concept, and leapt at the game at first ='.'=
But my eagerness soon turned to disappointment when I saw just how underpowered ballistic weapons and tech in general is just not even worth using. I know, I could go Big Dumb Fighter or magic user, but thats not what I bought Arcanum to play, it's BS and wrong.

And the ridiculous way you get completely mobbed when traveling from one area to the next a` la *random encounters*, even very early in the game. This truly adds the final icing on the cake for me I spent more time reloading and trying to get to the next area in one piece more than I actually got to play the game. Finally, i uninstalled the 'effin game and threw it in my stack of "games to play when im 80"

Whot are u all talking about. I was dwarf technical (using guns to fight only) and the game was too easy, when u get energetic wepon enemis don't even come neer you. And at start i maybe reloded like 2 times.
Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:25 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Geez, where did this come from?

i still havent revisted the game, and I dont plan on it until Im at least a senior citizen. The game just rubbed me the wrong way, I have no interest in it at all. Too many other quality titles to play, suppose ill get around to it in 30 years or so
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:09 am
DarthRetro
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmm, I had great fun as a gunslinger. It was fun building all the devices and guns based on various schematics. Since I didnt like the magic system I never played the game as a magic user. The strengths of the game include a solid intriguing storyline, great quests, and some interesting puzzles. The weakness of the game was definately the combat system. The combat didnt scale well as your party increase in levels. The end battles were ridiculously easy. Also the action point system was broken especially when it came to gernade throwing. You could basically throw four or five gernades per turn and still shoot at the enemies. Overall the game was fun, but not a game that has you craving for more. If only it have a better, balance combat system.
Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:47 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2