What OMG item have you found?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
OhBrandi
The Pun-Slayer
The Pun-Slayer

What OMG item have you found?

I just picked up a cuirass (light armor) worth 150K. It has an armor rating of 215 and a constant effect resist magic 60%.

Don't say where, but what have you found that totally knocked your socks off?

=Member of The Nonflamers' Guild=
=Neverwinter Nights Co-Moderator=
Post Sat May 25, 2002 8:54 am
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

The Dragonbone armor... constant effect resist fire 100%... worth 500 000 if i don't remember wrong...
Post Sat May 25, 2002 3:42 pm
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

Again, my UBERstaff of Magnus. A black onyx sphere set in a stunning carved Dwemer rod, it can be pried from the cold, dead hands of an obscenely powerful wizard and his host of Daedroth, Clannfear and Atronachs. Worth a cool 210 000 gold pieces, its enchantment consists of Absorb Magicka 50 pts for 60 secs on self, and Restore Health 1 pt 60 secs on self. And with its hefty 5700 charges, you won't be running out of its magic anytime soon.

I know it's a common unique, but still... it made me pee myself. Now, I must find the Warlock's Ring, after I figure out where the hell it is.

-Matt
Post Sat May 25, 2002 4:04 pm
HydroSqueegee
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

nothing special, just that damn uber robe of invincibility [15health/15fatigue/sec].
the only way i can die with 250HP's is meleeing an ascended sleeper... needless to say, i deleted the save file.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 6:48 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Heh... prolly not all that impressive to all you vets, but...

As a level 1 char, I ran into Ebony cuirass and Daedric leggings. That was pretty OMG at the time... Now that I'm level 3 it's still sitting on the same shelf, but I have plans of gettingn my hands on it soon enough. Does anybody think the game may become a bit too easy with such strong armor on me at such a low level?

Also, on my first Ancestral Tomb raid, I picked up this red glowing dagger that had 5-8 endurance and strength destruction spell. Real awsome for levling your armor skill. Just whack that rat 5 times with the dagger until he has no more str and let him nibble on you for 20 mins.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 7:52 pm
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

I wish I had ebony armor Is it better than Dreugh (AC 73)? Probably.

Haha, speaking of which, my character is so incredibly piss-ugly it's funny. With Dreugh armor, Dwemer greaves, steel boots, a Dreugh helm, and Imperial Silver shoulder-things, I look like a bad science experiment. That's why I carry around a host of robes

-Matt
Post Sat May 25, 2002 8:15 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Fireteddy
I wish I had ebony armor Is it better than Dreugh (AC 73)? Probably.

Haha, speaking of which, my character is so incredibly piss-ugly it's funny. With Dreugh armor, Dwemer greaves, steel boots, a Dreugh helm, and Imperial Silver shoulder-things, I look like a bad science experiment. That's why I carry around a host of robes

-Matt
Why donīt you show us your picture?
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Sat May 25, 2002 8:18 pm
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

Dammit!! Sp0ilers!!!!!!!!!!
Post Sat May 25, 2002 8:51 pm
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

Dammit!! Sp0ilers!!!!!!!!!!

The dwarven armor does look like the halflife hazard suit.
...Or was that the dragon bone? I never killed the guy who was wearing it. The armor looked like it had the same textures as the Centurion bots.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 8:53 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

the dragon bone armor is and silver/steel armor with some skulls on it... so, i don't think so. Unless you played some strange Half-Life version...

Dwarven armor? Never seen one of those... where can i get it?
Post Sat May 25, 2002 10:30 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Rawis
Dwarven armor? Never seen one of those... where can i get it?

Dwarven armor is Dwemer (those are synonims) armor. It's the big flamboyant yellow armor. Those huge shoulder pads that make you look like an insect are Dwemer armor. The cuirass has this butt protector pad that makes you look like a wasp from behind.

** spoiler **

I've found one on the plantation that's east of that town that grew around the legion outpost (damn, I suck with names). On the plantation, I believe the scout or some such thing (living in one of the shacks) is Commona Tong(sp?) member and killable at level 1. In one of the chests, she had the Dwemer cuirass. Approx 35 armor rating.

I found the ebony cuirass and daedric leggings at the same plantation, but on the shelf right behind the plantation owner (so I had to wait till I was level 3 before I could get it).

And to answer someone who asked, ebony is I think 76 (+/- 2--I'm not exactly sure) armor rating. My Deadric Greaves are 100+.
Post Sun May 26, 2002 9:03 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Running into this baby last night made me think twice about my weapon specialization:

Neat thing is, it can be enchanted with 15 slots worth of stuff (my Claymore has only 5).

Unfortunately, I found it in this underground temple devoted to the Sixth House while I just started unravelling the Sixth House mistery. I have no idea what this weapon is for (it was found next to a shrine and a set of bells). It seemed to me that one needs to ring bells to either summon something (someone?) or make offering. But I was so out of place there that I didn't know what to do with all that stuff (other than to swipe the hammer ).

Can someone tell me if I can safely sell the hammer?
Post Tue May 28, 2002 6:51 pm
Morandil
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

One of the best items I've run across is the Vampire Ring. It has limited charges, but drains health and fatigue for a good amount of time. It was kind of my emergency item, since it kills opponents and heals me at the same time.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 11:31 pm

The Fist of Randagulf Gauntlets. The right one gives you 20+ Str, the left gives you 20+ Agility, BOTH constant effect!

My level 30 Breton went from a weight capacity of 390 to 500!

And check out that armor rating!

Post Wed May 29, 2002 6:14 am

Rhys

Okay, that IS impressive...

Nice fists, although I think we are clearly in spoiler country by now... heh.

The Skullcrusher (item from the last Imperial Temple quest from Ebonheart) is a pretty smackin' weapon as well; just got that last night. Weight 15 with a constant Feather 15 effect (so weightless when equipped) this guy does a tidy 10-60 points of chop damage. Perfect for my conjured-armor blunt-specialized wandering healer.

-->Rhys
Post Wed May 29, 2002 11:55 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next