Usergroups
Lugging the Nugget
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
otter
One of Us

Lugging the Nugget

You can lug really heavy objects around on your cursor with no weight added to your party. (a must for tiny parties, if you need the Nugget lugged...)
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
I usually just take it to the T'rangaporter and leave it there until i'm ready to go see Ferro.
Post Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:46 pm
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

Where in the teleporter room? I usually sell and buy It back but your way sounds better. Don't things put down disappear after a certain time? Thanks for the tip anyway!
Post Sun Oct 27, 2002 12:18 am
otter
One of Us

Everything stays where you drop it. I just leave the Nugget at the control box, where i let it go to fix the wires. My next step is to open the house on Arnika-Trynnton Road, and go to A-town to trade the Mook's Artifact. I usually then go back to MB for the Idol. I do this so i can finish everything in Trynnton in one pass, including killing the Don. Then i go to SE Wilderness to get Fang and maybe a Giant's Sword or 2. Then i go back to the T'rangaporter, usually by Portal spell at this point in the game, and collect the Nugget on my way to the Rift.
Post Sun Oct 27, 2002 1:13 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I've always kept that stuff in the chest in the room @ He'li's. I put my first portal up there and use it as my base of operations. It's a convenient place to store extra ammo, gadgets/instruments (depending on party makeup), misc junk, and custom item components.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:30 am
otter
One of Us

I like the T'rangaporter for my first Portal because it goes to the places i like to go to first (i go to Rapax Castle, then M.Wild before i go to Beyjin/Sea Caves) You can walk around to Sadok, who stocks both ammo and miscible potions and will reload your Mana Stones and most other charged items. By the time i've been to Ferro's, my Hybrids all have their Portals, too, and no further interest in Arnika anyway.
Another handy Portal tip: If you avoid the first "encounter" with the Dark Savant and sneak into AP as soon as you have a Portal spell, cast Set beyond the future site of the Roadblock, AP is lots easier...To avoid the DS, stay on the Eastern side of the swamp, and access Trynton only from the A-T Road. Just don't kill the Don until you've met the DS!!!
Post Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:34 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by otter
I like the T'rangaporter for my first Portal because it goes to the places i like to go to first (i go to Rapax Castle, then M.Wild before i go to Beyjin/Sea Caves) You can walk around to Sadok, who stocks both ammo and miscible potions and will reload your Mana Stones and most other charged items. By the time i've been to Ferro's, my Hybrids all have their Portals, too, and no further interest in Arnika anyway.
Another handy Portal tip: If you avoid the first "encounter" with the Dark Savant and sneak into AP as soon as you have a Portal spell, cast Set beyond the future site of the Roadblock, AP is lots easier...To avoid the DS, stay on the Eastern side of the swamp, and access Trynton only from the A-T Road. Just don't kill the Don until you've met the DS!!!
2 questions about this. 1) I thought that the rockslide (road block) near Burz is always there. IIRC, I saw it before I met the DS first time. Am I wrong on this, or are you talking about something else? 2) What happens if you kill the Don before triggering the DS where you get the fake AD?
Post Tue Oct 29, 2002 1:37 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

The Don doesn't have the AD until the Savant script fires. Soooo, if you kill him too soon, he won't drop the AD then and he's not around to sell it to you later on.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:40 am
otter
One of Us

I've walked right past Bela into A.P. lotsa times. The way has been open until i first 'meet' the DS in the Swamp. Maybe the way is blocked after some other thing happens, too, but i haven't put a portal there in many games. It's only really helpful with solo or 2-member parties; you can avoid a lot of fighting, which is more fun if you have at least 3 to hit with.
Post Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:48 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

The Rapax block the passage when they ally with the Dark Savant. Braffit tells you this.
Post Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:54 am
otter
One of Us

It's really funny, but i never talk to anyone, since about the 4th time through, so i have no idea anymore who sez what! In any case, don't you have to "meet" the DS before they ally? What all triggers the alliance?
Post Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:54 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I had two of the three artifacts before they allied.
Post Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:40 pm
otter
One of Us

Well, that explains why i don't know when it happens--the way i go through the game, i have no use for Arnika at all once i've made the Swap to get my first one. (whenever i Set a Portal at AP it's been before i even get the Fake DD). Of course, it makes sense, with the timing of events in the Clearing...
Post Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:53 am