Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Island Cave Thieves Stash TRAP Trouble...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Island Cave Thieves Stash TRAP Trouble...

Well, it had to happen sooner or later. I'm good at playing games the wrong way and getting into trouble for it. But before I bite the bullet and restore to an earlier saved game which I will hate to do and will take at least a day of fuming and cursing before I get over it here is what happened and MAYBE...just maybe...you know a way out of it.

I killed the lizards and entered the cave and (since I read a little walkthrough) DID NOT notice the torch on the wall to deactivate the trap in the entrance to the thieves stash.

To my surprise I was able to get past the trap with maybe only 50% damage. I healed up, did my first of many quick saves and lock picked and got all the loot except for the one chest I need a key for.

Then, of course, I began numerous attempts to get back out. I've looked all over the room for some means to turn the trap off from inside but have found none and the walkthrough doesn't mention any. I dropped all the loot into a chest thinking this might allow me to get out at least so I can turn the trap off. Everything has failed so far. I take FAR more damage leaving that I cannot survive. I can't find a way to jump across or jump part way and run the rest of the way. It is total death each time.

SO, the question is...am I SOL or is there some sneaky way to recover from this somehow without restoring back prior to entering the cave???

Also, one of the thieve's has already warned me, after I lock picked all their chests I could get to in the guild, not to do any more. Until I read the walkthrough though I had no idea this was theives loot on the island--it could be bandits loot! So, if there is a way out what have I done to my relationship with the thieves??? Is it all over with them??? Should I just report their hideout to Andre and forget about going that route??? Or...???

Thanks. I guess I will go do something else in the real world while I wait for your answers.

P.S. I wonder if I am trying to play out to much in this game? Maybe I should take the route of least resistance and not be concerned about so many side quest possibilities?? Still, it is fun and very big like Morrowind.
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

As Fate Always Has It!

After posting my problem I actually tried something different... I ran through sideways (strafe) and low and behold went unconscious but still have a little life in and was out on the otherside. I then activated the lever and went back in to recover all the loot I had put in the chest. Sheesh...

I'm looking through my skills and I wonder if...

If the thieves don't kill me for finding their main treasure and can still learn to Pickpocket it would be great? Can I still learn Create Runes, Alchemy, and Forge Weapons or are they dead issues now?

Thanks. I'll go see what the thieves have to say and think about this but I would like your input on my course of action(s) here.
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:56 pm
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thieves Seem To Be Okay With It...

The thieves guild doesn't seem to know at this point that I've really robbed them blind I guess. That's good. I won't tell 'em.

When I first enter the Guild and turn left and go past the room with the rats and Bosbo's sword, at the end of the sewer line there is a portcullis with a room beyond. Is there any way or reason to get past the portcullis and into this room? I found no mention of it in the walkthrough for this area.

I'd like to leave the walkthrough alone for a long time now but do hope I can still develop all the remaining skills a little. Potions seem to be rather rare so if I can make my own that might be nice.

Thanks.
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:21 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You could have used a snapper weed and sprinted past the spikes. There's a place/position you can jump successfully from also. But no matter. They don't find out about the island. Cassia carries the key to the chest you can't open. Hanna has it also. You can still learn pickpocketing from Cassia. Rune making is for mages only. Alchemy, anyone can learn, if you don't choose Constantino as master, Sagitta will start you off if you find her a sun aloe or Ignaz will start you off if you do his experiment for him. Forging, anyone can learn. If you don't choose Harod as master, Bennett at Onar's farm will teach for 30 gp.

As far as that grate, don't worry about it. There's nothing behind it. It's just there.

As far as too much? Naaaw. Do all you want. Have fun that's what games are for.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:52 pm