Q'roft's Journal
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Merkin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Q'roft's Journal

This might have to be changed a bit after I get the game tomorrow, but here goes.

Q'roft is a male Khajiit born under The Lady. His profession is Archeologist.
Major Skills:
Speechcraft, Sneak, Acrobatics, Security, Short Blade
Minor Skills:
Mercantile, Illusion, Athletics, Light Armor, Marksman

Q'Roft's Journal
Middas, 1 Second Seed, 427

So, it is to be the province of Morrowind for me. As places of exile go, it could hardly have been worse. I know little of the land, and all of that is bad. Home to the accursed dark elves, a land of smoke and stink and ash from the volcano Dagoth-Ur that dominates the province. It is this volcano that caused the year of Sun's Death, recorded in the early ages of the Khajiit, before even the birth of the Confederacy . Twisted mutants, giant insects, strange magics, and something called the "Blight"; spoken of only in whispers. An evil reputation, for an evil land.

But exiles have little say in where they are sent. If any read this, take my advice;never try to displace a Speaker to the Mane, unless you are sure you will succeed. I am lucky, it seems, to be left with my life, not to mention my ears. Ah well; wealth, respect, and the freedom to explore the untapped ruins of Elsweyr could have been mine, but an uncautious word, an ill-placed footstep, and it was not to be. I owe a great debt to my Pride for reducing the sentence to mere exile. Exile;bah, the word still chokes in my throat like the foul air of this ships hold. How I long to breath the dry clean air of home, to spend my muscles in the hunt of the wereboar, then sink my claws into it's neck.

But it is not to be, is it? To try and return to Elsweyr now would bring my death. My passage to Morrowind is strictly one-way. I must accept that, and try to make the best of my situation. At least tomorrow I feel land under my footpads again, the ship's captain did me a kindness by informing me of that. What else the day will bring, I know not. Although, surely in a land with as tortured of a past as Morrowind, there must be ruins and tombs aplenty. We shall see.

Post Thu May 02, 2002 12:37 am