Gothic mouse/keyboard problem
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
neolife
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic mouse/keyboard problem

I can not bind what i want. game does not let me bind any mouse buttons.. Mouse is ON. Also problems to bing keyboard..

i have tryed to read INI file but key bindings there are impossible to understand

If anyone have same problems or solution.. i'l be pleased
Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:23 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Neolife,

Welcome to the forums,

Gothic has to be played with the keyboard, it's very easy once you get used to it, then later you become expert, many players say ten to twenty minutes and then you can do all the moves.

In G2, you have the option of the mouse and can still keep the Gothic keyboard layout.
Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:58 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Wulf, do you have a different version? There were rumors that the controls were changed for the international release, but both my German version and the UK version I had were both controlled with ASDW + mouse, just like the readme suggests.
Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:28 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

My appologies to neolife and Gorath, slang coloquialisms are not good enough i do admit.

Take No.2

In Gothic the keyboard can be set in the game menu as "default" (recommended for left handed players) or "alternative" (recommended for right handed players)

To use the mouse, set to "on" in game menu, and a default setting is enabled, the left mouse button is the alternative to the action key and the right mouse button for jump and strafe.

Every player of gothic is given a set of instructions in the Gothic/readme.htm file which has more than enough info's to get through the game.

Personally, i use the keyboard for sheer mastery of the game with three and four finger keyboard control, and sometimes five in tricky situations, (some keys are multiples) but this method is not used for "everyday playing" and obviously the mouse cannot compete with the keyboard in this "area"

So i say, if you really want to become an expert in controlling the game "nimbleness and skill" will make a big difference when fighting multiple enemies, then, you simply *have* to use the keyboard. Even with this said a player with a correctly set up mouse layout can easily conquer the game, it is the difference between "struggling" and "walking" through the game.

My version is 1.08j - the "A" key enables "sneak" but the "X" key does not (as in the instructions)
this is annoying when in marvin, evert typed a puts pc-hero in combat mood.
Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:04 pm