Members
Usergroups
Just how addicted are YOU?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Kereds

Just how addicted are YOU?

Well, after about 20 hours of gameplay I find myself severely hooked on Morrowind- the good news is, I ditched that nasty heroin habit

This game makes other RPG's seem almost juvenile in comparison (Yes, even Gothic- I know some of you arent going to want to hear this, but Morrowind does in fact make Gothic's gameplay seem like the gameplay of Space Invaders for the Atari 2600!)

SO anyway this is what I did today- I work unsupervised in my office here. The computer I have at work is a pII 366mhz 64 mb ram 4 gig hd etc etc... sooo, I decided to go into work early this morning (6:30am- nobody there yet) and guess what I brought with me? MY HOME PC (1.4 ghz athlon, 512 mb ram ddr 64 mb geforce 3 etc) so I'm playing Morrowind at work today LOL! Old computer is under my desk right now.

Im bad, I know- but Im getting 6 hours of Morrowind in today, its been great, I have a one year old and a wife at home so It's hard for me to play longer than 2 hours at a time. woohoo!
Post Thu May 09, 2002 5:37 pm

Quasimo

Lucky Bastard!

You are evil. Why do YOU get to play MW at work while I CANNOT!

*shakes uncontrollably

I've not been able to play since 2:00 am this morning... that's NINE WHOLE HOURS!

Well, I will just concentrate on work and the day will go by faster... try not to think about morrowind... tried calling in sick today, but my boss just wouldn't have it....

hmmm deee dummm dee dummm

Ok, lets see, I get off work and go home, then I can ... PLAY MORROWIND! Oh yea! That's.... *pulls out calculator* ... only ... 7 hours!!?

*goes into a fit of rage, foam frothing from his mouth...
Post Thu May 09, 2002 6:03 pm

Mosman22
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Morrocrack

Can't claim to be grabbing a few hours of Morrowind at work either. Would be way too easy to spot in my cubicle. But that doesn't mean it is doing my productivity any good. All week long I've found myself spending way too much time browsing this and other Morrowind Msg boards, reading the reviews at pcgamereview.com, hoping someone would finally put up a FAQ at Gamefaqs.com, etc. Not mention just thinking about how much I'd rather be off exploring the sites of Morrowind then doing actual work. Plus tonight I get to go home and install my new GF4 video card! Like it wasn't hard enough to stay the full 8 hours before...
Post Thu May 09, 2002 6:36 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

This is my day off, and I keep MEANING to play Morrowind... but I've been busy writing, doing chores, chatting on ICQ, and browsing the forums...

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu May 09, 2002 10:05 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

I got 15 hours of Morrowind on my record today. I think that tells it all
Post Thu May 09, 2002 10:11 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Rendelius
I got 15 hours of Morrowind on my record today. I think that tells it all
Yes, as Cipher would have said. Nerd

His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Thu May 09, 2002 10:34 pm
Agamon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I can't play MW at work, but I did happen to pick this week for my holidays. Lotsa game time.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 2:31 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Re: Just how addicted are YOU?

quote:
Originally posted by Kereds
SO anyway this is what I did today- I work unsupervised in my office here. The computer I have at work is a pII 366mhz 64 mb ram 4 gig hd etc etc... sooo, I decided to go into work early this morning (6:30am- nobody there yet) and guess what I brought with me? MY HOME PC (1.4 ghz athlon, 512 mb ram ddr 64 mb geforce 3 etc) so I'm playing Morrowind at work today LOL! Old computer is under my desk right now.

LOL..That'd be funny if you like worked at a bank as a teller or something and didn't come in early..but you strolle in and hooked up that computer..heh
Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:28 am
Ziw
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ah, good. I'm not alone. I doubt that even world war 3 would make me leave my computer now. LOL, maybe someone should start a support group for MW addicts..
Post Fri May 10, 2002 4:13 am