Bug with Olivers Ring and how to fix it. Warn! Major Spolier
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Malekitth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Bug with Olivers Ring and how to fix it. Warn! Major Spolier

Ok i thought id be a smart guy and go get Olivers Ring from the treasure hunt at lv 1 lol. And yes i got it BUT i could not identify it so it gave me no stats, bah suke. Well this caused a bug i think because even when i got my Object Knowledge up to 60 still could not identify it. That should be more than enough. Turns out not only do you need object knowledge high enough but some other stats must be higher. Now im not shure wich but im rather shure it is one or more likely All of the 4 main stats, Str, Mental, Dex, Constution. What they have to be i dont know but hers how you fix it

Simple really. Just Cast the Lv 4 spell Bless. If that makes it so you can identify it then put it on. When Bless where's off IF you stats drop back down dont worry, just cast Bless again with it on and Bingo ring should be fixed!! There you now have a +1 to all 4 major stats ring at like lv 3 or so kinda depends on your stats but i know it is Possiable hehehe

Note: for those who want to know how to get it so early, (Spoiler here Warning!) You just:
1) Read note writen into wall by the one eye man in tavern.
2) Grab a shovel and dig
3) Might as well get emerald from Nasty Spider cave in crystal caves, may not have to but why not.
4) "USE" (dang Walkthrough grr lol) NOT attempt to put inside, the emerald on left chest in olivers cave.
5) Use key on right chest, grab ring, bingo.
6) Cast bless like said above if needed.
7) If that dont work go level up

More chessy tactics comming as i find them
Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:58 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Did you notice if you still got all the points for doing the quest itself? I seem to remember someone said they didn't see their exp. points go up when they just went and got the ring. Did you notice?
Mark Twain
Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:58 pm
Malekitth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yep! I went from Lv 1 to Lv 3 as soon as i opened the box with the ring in it Was nice to spend 30 points and 2 main pts

Also in order to get to The Caves where Olivers room is, only need to give the troll king the Idol. Rather easy quest that requires only killing 1 gobo
Post Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:04 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Learn something new everyday. Thanks for the answer.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:31 am
Malekitth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

BUT-i think it is important to NOT skip reading the quest on the tavern wall and maybe not shure but why not open the first chest with a emerald. That way the quest is in your logbook as a started quest wich you will get points for when completed and you did indeed start progress on it
Post Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:45 am