What's up with the meager graphics?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
timmothy1967
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

asherons call

no dude, the free copy of asherons call i got with my dungeon siege game.

Those graphics suck big time, i couldnt take it but for 20 minutes and had to turn off. I was laughing at everyone who was playing the game. no offense to anyone who has been playing for a long time, im just spoiled.

Now the new ac 2 games graphics look great.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 8:15 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

But there is a lot of people for whom graphic is not so important. I also can not play games with ugly graphics, but there is a lot of people who do not mind about graphics when game has other qualities.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 11:40 am
Qia S.O.L ~*~

Graphics and Setups....

Hi People..

I am reading all ya posts now, and i read also a lot of Forums with Dungeon Siege-Topics.

All i can say is, that the most People surley have no idea how top setup a Comuter correct.

My Girlfriend has a AMD K6-2 (witch is defietley under the min Specs) with an Geforce DDR (1) card...Driver is 29.20 an UDMA 33 Harddisk and 256 MB Ram. Win 98 SE.

The Game is Playable. It runs never under 7 FPS and it doesnīt stuck. Normally it runs at 8-10 FPS, at 1024 x 768 x 16 (640/480 makes no diff, cause it is more related to the CPU than to the Graphics)

At my Setup is an AMD Athlon 700 Classic with Geforce 2GTS and 256 MB Ram at 133 Mhz. Driver is also 29.20. WIN 98SE. Vsync of Monitor runs at 100 HZ.

I have all settingsa maxxed out ingame and it is running smothe at 15-17 FPS somtimes at 25 FPS, it stucks only short if a lot of enemys are fresh on the Screen, but than again it runs smothe.

I love the Graphics, and it is the beautiest RPG (Graphic) in the Line of Diablotradition with much more good ideas.

There is Fun the hole Time, and i am playing only RPGs, everyone i get my Hands on.
You Guys who donīt Like this Game, go back to Quake, and fragg some Bots.....this is nothing for your Mind, youīve got no Love for this kind of Game.

Yeah, there are a few Bugs....but i never saw a Game without some.......and the Point is.....it canīt be. No Developer has every Setup to test on, no Developer has 6 Years to work on one Game, and the most Unlucky Guys witch are playing never made a Game, they only Talk about it, because they put all there Money into a BIG Computer, witch is poor Build because there is no Mind for do things slow and consiouss.
So thats what i think.

I Love that Game, in i will love Neverwinternights and Morrowind.....i wonīt get into Talking to much....better i look at my Computer, that it is runnig nice for the next Game.

If i would have a Athlon 1600XP and a Geforce TI....i swear this Game would be running like Hell.

So go and learn Boys, donīt Talk.

My two cents.

And i know.....you know it better....~

Best Regards
Qia S.O.L~*~
Post Tue May 14, 2002 1:42 am

TheSmJ
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

10-17 FPS is about what I am getting, only unless your used to such a slow speed, its really not that great. The norm for a game (IMO) is about 30-45 FPS.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:43 pm
Qia S.O.L ~*~

Just Updated....

So now, iīve updated with a new Mobo and an Athlon XP 1800 with 256 DDR Ram.
The other Stuff is from my Old Setup.

Say what. I didn`t setup Windows new (doooh ) ) i only cleaned up the Registry from the Specific Drivers...

Now i get 25-60 FPS iam now in the GoblinDungeon.
Like i Said. It runs smooth, even if the Setup is not that Clean made.
The Basics have to be correct, thats the point.
The Bios has to be setuped correct.

I think thats the delay at most People with fast Machines and low Framerates.

NICE i love this Game it runs like Hell, all Settings maxxed out.

Best regards
Qia S.O.L.~*~
Post Sun May 19, 2002 9:50 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5