View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

quote:

On 2002-03-13 22:36, sauron38 wrote:
I'm also a HamRamin' Warrior. (I know how that must sound for a person who hasn't played Nox.)

that STILL sounds a little weird to me.
nonetheless i bet with the right strategy, and the right size sword, i'm one of the baddest things out there.

[ This Message was edited by: TheLonePaladin on 2002-03-13 22:45 ]
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:43 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

HAH! i laugh at your puny crossbow: HA! HAHAHA! the graplin hook can save me from magic and arrows. even if u can shoot one while i'm reeling you in, it won't do much good if you can't fire it again.

"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:48 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

o i get it. i automatically assumed you mean magic bolt when u said "bolt". my bad. either way, u gonna die by my blade!!!!

"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:49 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

i take it i won this little verbal battle? of course what else could be expected from such a great warrior like me? simply a prelude to my true strength.

Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 5:05 am
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

Lol, this topic turned to be a NoX fight

Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 5:11 am
darkmage
City Guard
City Guard

bottom line BaTo i think the reason you thought had a bunch of bugs in it was because your computor SUCKS! i had one bug, the winch problem, but i'm starting to think parhana did that on purpose, if you dont like the game simply dont play it. fool.

Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 7:34 am
Cheapy
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

tisk tisk...

Whats your Nox name?

Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 12:32 pm
Paladin1124
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Gothic for the most part ran fine for me, and I have yet to cheat playing Gothic,even though I'm on my 3rd time playing.

Bato,or whatever your handle is...

I must agree with the poster above me. I suspect that your system did not meet the minumum requirements to play the game in the first place. If thats the case, you really have noone to blame but yourself,and next time read the box before you buy.
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:25 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

One of my friends cryed to me, that he had troubles almost with every games that he had, so went to his house to see what was the real problem, well it turned to be mainly because he had OC'd his computer to its limits, all i had to do was, to put things back to normal stage. After that he had no troubles at all. That is just one option to think about, active desktop is other that caused problems to me, i never use that shit again, its useless and causes only harm with some games. I hope some of you finds help from these little hints. Also if you download all kinds of shit from web, then blame yourself when your system goes unstable.

Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 8:22 pm
bATo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well Darkmage, if anyone or anything sucks...
I got a P4 1700, GF3 64Mb 512 Ram and the usual stuff to go with that.
Nothing unusual. besides I haven't had a single gamecrash with anything else. And I've run Gothic both Win XP Pro and ME.
What I'm saying is that the 3-4 betatesters can not have played the game for more than a few hours. If you test a game do everything and anything, your job is to find errors and they seem to have found just a small part of all of those. Just check the Gothic boards around the internet, there are hundreds if not thousands of people complaing about this and that and it's far from just gamecrashes and HW issues.
A bug such as the eternal money whetstone-wheel in New Camp is A MAJOR BUG it spoils the realism of the game completely. So does the short ladders, if a ladder is too short when you design a lever, make it longer.

Anyway I think I've thrown my point out, if some can't get a grip on it.. well..
I just hope those who hasn't seen the faults and errors in Gothic will wake up next time such a game (full of bugs and designer errors) appears on the market their computers and complain about it as I've done. Silence is not the answer to sloppy developers.

// bATo

Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 8:39 pm
Rainstorm
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:

On 2002-03-13 13:35, bATo wrote:
BUT the game IS also totally filled with buggs, unstable as hell, full of script failiures at NPC's, crashes in certain areas, character fall through ground, ladders are too short and you fall down again, winches stuck and you have to cheat to get through, NPC's and monsters stuck in their deathanimation and loop it so it looks like they're alive when they're dead and so on. The real killer bug is that you have an UNLIMITED amount of money, that's really not good for an RPG.

I have some problems with this forum now and then,so I haven't read all replies due to pages not loading.(so if I repeat something,sorry)
I personally haven't had any of those problems...
Gorn as you mentioned attacking you...this I've heard has to do with you taking the "big axe" from someone who is dead.(I'm guessing you mean when you're going to free the free mine)
If you take the axe of the same sort he's wielding he'll think you stole it.
The too short ladder I *think* was planned like that so you have to find a new way up.(again if you're talking about the ones in a mine)
I did fall through the mine floor at one specific place and I have fallen off a ladder in the sect camp.(close to cor kalom I think)
I have now played it with two different PC's and three OS's and the only problem I've had is that fire animations didn't show when I used WinXP.(this I don't blame PB for though,it's nVidia or Microsoft)
It has crashed,but this has been after running for hours,so I suspect a memory leak...but it's been far from causing me to become angry.(just a small annoyance)
Too bad you've had such a bad experience...
I agree that it's bad when they don't released the best they can,but from my POV this was a very nice release...from your obviously not...
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 9:30 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:

On 2002-03-14 06:32, Cheapy wrote:
tisk tisk...

Whats your Nox name?

sauron38 is my username.
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 10:07 pm
bATo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

When at the mine I went straight for the entrance and Gorn attacked me right after I dealt with the Old camp guards. He attacked me again a few minutes later in the mine when I was shooting with bow at guard standing far from Gorn and as for looting, well I did get the twohanded double-bladed axe, but not until after I was there and collected the Ulu-Mulu. So Gorn has a script error somewhere and it is hardly a roleplay error from my side, he didn't react when I stole items from the other dead mecrenaries, why should he?
I can attack and steal from anyone of the brigands and rogues in the New camp as long as I don't kill that's their main rule.

// bATo
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 10:14 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Gorn's temper is a bug, that's true. The game HAS bug issues, true. So had Daggerfall, another of my favorites... let's say I wished my favorite games didn't have bugs, but they always have. Perhaps it's because they always are those games with the highest degree of exploratory freedom... might be really difficult to replicate and weed out each and every bug there.
Gorn should have been noticed, though... a huge blooper.

Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 10:20 pm
darkmage
City Guard
City Guard

yeah ok it did have some bugs and i hope that gothic two doesnt have any bugs, or vary minor ones at the most.

Post Fri Mar 15, 2002 3:54 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4