Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Morrowind Collectors Edition: VERY Dissapointed.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Morrowind Collectors Edition: VERY Dissapointed.

Hey,

First off let me establish one thing before I'm flamed to death. I Love the game, I have played it non stop since I got it and I think its amazing.

Now thats out of the way, I want to know from the people who bought the collectors edition. What did you think of the extra goodies?

Let me tell you what I thought:

Figure:
Extremely cheap looking. VERY poor detail. Looks about as good as one of my PLASTIC warhammer figures. Doesnt even come close to any Warhammer lead figurine.

Art Book:
Quite nice, but for the money I paid I would have at least expected a hard back book. Both the Lunar collectors editions for the playstation had these and much more interesting stuff and they were cheaper!

Music CD:
For the money you pay they could have at least put it in a proper jewel case. Havent listened to it yet but the in game music I have heard so far is wonderful so as long as that keeps up then the CD will be nice.

Game Box:
Why the hell did they make the box huge? They fit the normal edition in the new style boxes, and all the stuff in the collectors edition looks lost in there. They could have easily fit it into the newer box. Note to Bethesda: Collectors edition buyers aren't going to be old fogeys who want everything the way it used to be!

I am realy considering taking it back and getting the normal version. That is if EB will let me.

What does everyone else think?
Post Thu May 02, 2002 10:46 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Well, please tell the story of exchanging boxes.

I'm getting the CE, I'm not going to have a "Halfling" box sit next to the full sized XP box on the shelf. That would just be... wrong!

I like cheap looking figurines... I have bloody Beanie Babies sitting on my speakers . A Tyderian Shuttle can go on the one and the Dark Elf on the fourth.

The book will help me spend 40 minutes in a children's library every 6th weekday... Don't ask.

Mmm, CD... the classical CD's in the car are getting old very quickly.
Post Thu May 02, 2002 10:54 pm

Re: Morrowind Collectors Edition: VERY Dissapointed.

quote:
Originally posted by Chekote
I want to know from the people who bought the collectors edition. What did you think of the extra goodies?

The quality of the items was just about what I expected. The only thing I expected that didn't happen was that I thought the CE version of Morrowind would have a cloth map.
Post Thu May 02, 2002 11:07 pm

Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Well I just moved from England and we have DVD boxes for the PC games there which are VERY nice. I moved here and had to go back to juggernaut boxes. But now I at least have a halfway house of small cardboard boxes. That is untill Morrowind CE.

Any game I get which has a large box, I immediately throw the box away. But I am hardly gonna do that with a collectors edition am I?

It just doesnt make any sense to me. The small boxes look so much nicer. Especially when you have a large collection all nicely arranged.

I was hoping to paint the figurine like I do with my warhammer figures. But its so undetailed it would probably look like crap. It reminds me of a little guard figure that my little bro bought at the sea side once, for like 50p. The quality is identical.

EDIT:

FAO Guest: Oh yeah, I even forgot about that one. Its got a cheapy paper map in it too! Its printed very nicely, and its all glossy. But as guest says, shouldnt it be cloth?
Post Thu May 02, 2002 11:07 pm
RyeDog
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I almost fell for it...

My wife and i were exited about going to the store today... She was treating herself to the Friends First Season DVD's and i bought it for her so i could justify purchasing the "Morrowind Collectors Edition" game box.

However, once i saw the type of collectors box they used, i was imediately turned off! If I am gonna pay that much for a collectors edition box, it should at least be made of the same quality as that of Baldurs Gate Collectors box! This box was too flimsy for me to be considered a "Collectors Edition"

So, I instantly grabbed the regular 49.00 retail version without second thought. No offense, but these guys are extremely good at game design, but rotten (i think) at marketing. Too bad...
Post Thu May 02, 2002 11:10 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

No, I cannot imagine a small box collection!
Post Thu May 02, 2002 11:14 pm
The DiM

Wow!! The CE comes in large boxes. Jumy.
I think I'll buy it, even if my PC is to weak to run the game.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 12:21 am

Jamison
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I thought the items were high quality. I don't normally collect these little pewter figures, so it probably doesn't take much to please me. For $15 extra bucks it definately worth it.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 12:34 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Go in a Games Workshop store and look at a lead figure for about $7. Thats quality.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 12:37 am
Evotine
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I love it

I am very pleased with the extras. I also like the big box. I agree that the box itself could have been a much higher quality. Overall though, I feel that it was 15 extra dollars well spent.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 12:48 am
Shimbatha
Village Leader
Village Leader

I AM an old fogey!

In response to the original poster, the guy who started this thread, I'd like to say that old fogeys (Im 26) like me buy collectors editions for many things, but as of late, I only buy them now so I dont have to deal with these tiny, tiny boxes. I HATE the look on my shelf that Freedom Force, Might & MAgic 9, and MoH have created....3 super-small "Console game sized" boxes, all containing AWESOME games, while a crappy game like Pool of Radiance 2 sits next to them on the shelf, 5 times bigger.

I dunno, maybe it's just my hatred of consoles and the people who "support" them, but I want my PC Games to stand out, I want them to be different!!!!

As for the "Extras", The last good collectors edition I have seen was the Diablo 2 Collector's edition. the pen and paper Game (which me and my D&D buddies incorporated into our regular campaigns) the awesome soundtrack and the "Making of" DVd with all the cinemas was an awesome package.

I do, however, like the art book. And I like the color of the box too. Solid black. Better then that faggy looking brown box the regular game comes in.

Viva la PC!
Viva La Big Pc Game Boxes!
Down with teeny weeny console boxes!
Post Fri May 03, 2002 5:23 am
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

so how big is this box, are we talking like Half-life adreniline pack size... or pool of Radience (shudder) 2 size

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Fri May 03, 2002 5:52 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Probably about half life size.

FAO: Warmaster-Horus

I wasnt saying that people who buy collectors editions are old fogeys. I was saying that the people who buy the collectors edition arent necessarily the same type of people who always complain about how stuff was in the"Good old Days"

I have almost 100 PC games, and when you get to that amount, the traditional sized PC boxes are just not viable anymore. The smaller boxes are more attractive in my oppinion, and since I dont have the space to keep the large boxes for all my games, I can now actually keep the small boxes and keep the manuals etc in them too. (All the manuals for my big box games are in a box in the closet)

In regards to your post about consoles. I am a gamer, full stop. To me it is irrelevant what system a game is on. I do not dislike nor like a game just because it is PC, or N64 or PS2 or whatever. If the game is bad, then its bad, but the system its on has nothing to do with the quality of the game. So disliking the box just because its like console game boxes is very narrow minded. (This is not an insult, just my oppinion)

I am biased towards the PC because its my favourite gaming platform. Due to the fact that I can mod and do other things other than games, but I definately do not hate consoles, (I play console RPG's a lot) and why on earth would you hate the people who support them? You are hating someone because of their gaming preference, I think thats the gamers equivalent of racism.

Well just my two cents worth...
Post Fri May 03, 2002 1:05 pm
Aramas
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

My game boxes have always been binned immediately after opening them. The DVD boxes are much better IMO, but since I keep games in jewel cases I bin the DVD boxes as well
I have two drawers for games. One is full of jewel cases and the other is full of manuals. Everything else goes in the recycling bin. I used to get a lot of games from Dragon.ca, and they recycle the boxes before they ship the games. I liked that.
You guys actually keep the games in the original boxes and proudly display them on you shelves? Now that's weird. I bet it goes over big with girls
'Hey baby, wanna come up to my room and see my game collection? I've had the original boxes laminated and everything!'
Post Fri May 03, 2002 1:32 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

You throw the DVD boxes away and put the games in a jewel case? The REAL plastic DVD cases? Not the new small cardboard boxes? Thats weird.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 1:44 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next