Confused about Tablets
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Confused about Tablets

I just started replaying G2 with the expansion and translation mod and I've found a few stone tablets. There seem to be 2 kinds, a rather generic stone tablet and one that seems to indicate a skill or stat.

I've read posts saying that you should give the tablets to Vatras, but I've also read that you should save them until later in the game when it's harder to increase your stats.

So, my questions are:

1: What's up with the different types of tablets (is there one kind to give Vatras and another kind to keep)?
2: Should I save the tablets I find, or turn them over to Vatras?

The community's info on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:33 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

The tablets that help you can't be given to Vatras. He only takes the generic tablets. Try to save the stat enhancing tablets until you max out a stat.(ie., before you use the strength tablets, max out your strength to 100, then use the tablets to go beyond the 100 limit.)

There is another thread on this subject, and i believe there are 22 generic tablets you can give Vatras, but after a certain point he stops taking them. If you give him all 22 you get a nice bonus. Use the search and you'll find the exact info because i can't remember the trigger that makes Vatras stop taking them.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:06 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Thanks for the info.

I had a feeling it might be something along those lines, but wasn't sure and didn't want to chance wasting an upgrade scroll.
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:04 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

When you save all those Old Stone Tablets and give them to Vatras all in one time you'll get +28 mana. If you give them one by one you'll get a potion or a fireball spell or something, so save them intill you have a lot.
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:59 am