Eye of Innos Quest Help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
LSZ
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Eye of Innos Quest Help

Having a major problem with this quest, was wondering anyone has any suggestions.

So I finished the add-on world, got the relief for Vatras and he told me to gather Pyrokar and Xardas at some circle (?). So I went to Xardas first, told him about this and he headed off. Then I went to Pyrokar who refused to go since Xardas going to be a part of this.

I looked everywhere for a solution to this and couldn't find anything so I checked a walkthrough on this section and the solution was to get the chest at Sekob's farm.

The problem here is that I did the quest where you clear Sekob's farm of the hooded mages a while before I went to do the Addon world and I never had access to the chest afterwards nor do I now as it's still one of those "I need the right key" chests. I also tried to find Xardas and Vatras but they are nowhere to be found in the world. I check all three of the stone circles (in front of Sekob's farm, behind the other guys farm and the one where you get the Eye of Innos originally) and they are nowhere to be found.

So right now I have no way to convince Pyrokar to help.
Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:17 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

First off, welcome to the forums

You need to get the key from Xardas. He is at the Circle of the Sun.......but you don't know where it is lol.

I'll try to explain a couple of ways to the circle of the sun:

If you are at the stone circle that Lares took you too, go past the 2 wargs and you'll find a path leading up the mountain. At the top of this path is are rather dark area of dense forest. The circle of the sun is in this area....ya should see it lit up.

If you are at the Black troll come past the hunter, go under the stone arch where the pair of bandits are waiting for you. Keep going straight on down the path and you'll come to the dark forestted area where the circle of the sun is at.

I hope these lame directions get you there. Good luck

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:41 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

LSZ,

Where Uriziel is pointing you is to the stone circle where you found the broken Eye in the first place. That is where the three mages must go to fix the Eye. Once Vatras and Xardas have headed off to the Circle of the Sun, they should show up there if you go looking for them.

If they aren't there, you may have tripped over a bug of some sort and you may have to reload back to a savegame before you talked to Xardas (or use Marvin mode to insert a new Xardas, talk to him and then "kill" him - so you don't have two of them around later).

FWIW, I always visit the mages in this order to get them to the Circle of the Sun: Pyrokar, Vatras, Pyrokar, Xardas, Pyrokar - then go to the Circle (with the broken Eye and the swamp weed).

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:15 pm
LSZ
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
If they aren't there, you may have tripped over a bug of some sort and you may have to reload back to a savegame before you talked to Xardas (or use Marvin mode to insert a new Xardas, talk to him and then "kill" him - so you don't have two of them around later).

Thanks for the replies. I think this is what happened.

I've been to that stone circle a couple times and no one is there. I guess I did a couple things out of order (talking to the mages, clearing out Sekob's farm) and bugged up the game a bit. I'll try this Marvin mode suggestion as re-loading would take me back a bit further than I want to go. There's tons of post about it so hopefully it's not too complicated.
Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:37 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

You could also try inserting the key, getting the book from the chest at Sekob's, then talk to Pyrokar. I'm not sure, but it might get Xardas back where he should be.

This solved a similar bug I had once with Vatras not showing up. I don't know how, but apparently Vatras was killed on the way to the circle of sun. I decided to just complete what I could then insert him where he should be. But after talking with Pyrokar, Vatras showed up.

@imposteraz....."Where Uriziel is pointing you is to the stone circle where you found the broken Eye in the first place.".........now why did'nt I think of saying that

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:36 am