Usergroups
Need advice. Joined Sect camp...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

This is my second time around in the game. The last time I was a heavy guard for Gomez. I mastered in 1h, 2h and Crossbow.
I decided to join the sect camp this time. I made it to Templar.
My problem is this. I used a little skill points and rings to allow me to use the Orc Hammer(my only weapon) and Longbow.
All the rest of my skill points went to learning magic (4th circle) and increasing my mana.
I am up to the point of going to the Orc cemetery.
I have 6 rings, charm, sleep, heal, light, firebolt, fist of wind and ice bolt.
The way of a magician is tough, I run a lot. Before I was able to sit in a pack of wolfs and swing away.

Am I strong enough to take on Orcs yet?
As a magician whats the prefered way of killing them?
How much mana is enough?

I love using the Rings of magic, they are awesome.
Firebolt is my favorite. (or is it fireball?)

Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 1:43 am

Just curious: Can you learn some minor/moderate magic skills as a Templar while retaining more focus in the sword-related arts? I have mastery in 1h and 2h fighting with a Custodian's Blade and the light templar armor. Also, what level must I be to be allowed to get medium and/or heavy templar armor? Thanks in advance.

-Oblivia Newton John
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 2:46 am

IceMageZ
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

uh... if u have talked to the baal in there that took some templars to search he WOULD have tould u that he HAS tried to cast his own spells on em but i havent really tried...
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:54 pm

Necro, get the 4th lvl fire rune (can not remember its exact name, maybe storm of fire). It is the best long distance spell. You can cast it from afar, then if you have mastered the use of Stormfist(or whatever it is called)switch over when they run up to you. Stormfist is tricky becuase it requires a good sense of timing, but I took three orcs at the same time using only that rune. The trick is to cast when they are bunched up, then you can keep them pushed back and slammed against the floor.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 9:20 pm

NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Ok, I only increased my stregth a few points. Enough to use the 1h Broadsword.
I am up to the 4th circle of magic.
I am starting to learn 1h.
So it looks as if I answered my own question.
Once I started using magic and see how powerful it was at long range, I did not have to learn dexterity and bow thus saving me enough skill points.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:36 pm