poxelis's helmet
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
radstar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

poxelis's helmet

I have tried and tried to open the last passages to the next level in the 4th level of the crypt ( the one after you get the shield) but I just cannot find the way through. for some reason room 5 that has the criticle lever to continue has a porticulus and I cannot find a way in.

Please help or I'm going to have to smash the cd this game came in into itty bitty peices and laugh insanely whilst running around my backyard nacked (except for a loin cloth) with a big marrow bone shouting aam shagaring useless F**king game.
Post Fri May 19, 2006 12:51 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Welcome to the Dot first thing. Now I am not at all sure where you are so go down a few threads to the walkthrough and maps one I posted and see if you can sort it out. If not tell us where you are by map level and room and most likely we can help you. No one ever had to quit here, get help yes, but it is doable.
Mark Twain
Post Fri May 19, 2006 1:15 pm
radstar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

from the map on this site I am on level 7 (for the hundreth time) and thanks for the welcome its been along time getting here.
Room 5 of the level 7 map is locked to me and I promise I hit everylever in this joint including instant death guy over there (basturd)
no idea what to do just went of in a huff to fight this golden ylside dudet waiting to find out the answer to this quest and where is your walkthrough you speek of?
quickey link please??????

thanks for da help yours in Arx land
radstar
Post Fri May 19, 2006 2:18 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I'm playing through Arx again right now. When I got the shield I headed for the exit to give it to the rebels instead of going lower. I figure I can come back later; I already know my way around anyway. Also, I sold things in my inventory and repaired my stuff. That's what I did, anyway. I became frustrated trying to go on in the crypt, so I figured just go collect on the quest I've already completed.

Spoiler:

Oh and by the way, when you give up that shield, you can get it back for free with a little searching.
Post Fri May 19, 2006 11:42 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Here is the link. If you are still stuck after you look post and I will dive in more to try and see where and what.
Mark Twain
Post Sat May 20, 2006 5:00 am
radstar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

aarrgghh!!!!!
Its stupid lever number 5 it only opens the path across the spikes to lever 6. No matter how many times I go back and hit the stupid thing all it does is open and close ONE!!! porticulus help me please I am sick of this level all together I only came back here to get the xp's and do the stupid treasure hunt (which is also a no go at the mo)
Post Sat May 20, 2006 11:00 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Ok that one is a matter of shooting an arrow to a pad on the wall past the spikes once you open 5. That will close the spikes so you get to lever 6. See if we are talking about the same thing here and let me know.
Mark Twain
Post Sat May 20, 2006 3:47 pm
radstar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have already levitated across the spikes and hit the switch opened the hidden container and retrieved the key the spikes were no probs it after that that I am stuck with no way into the next set of rooms lever 5 is supposed to open 3 doors it only opens 1. I have the original pc version if that helps.
Thanks for you help
Post Sat May 20, 2006 10:58 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Ok first off I am pasting a link to the PDF file page 55 which is a close up of that section of the map here. Make sure you are running version 1.17 also. If not get the patch from that same link I gave you earlier.

It may be you have done on out of sequence because it didn't triger. Go back and reset them to closed. Then leave the area, come back and start again. If that is not it I suggest you just reload your save before this and start over. Pain I know but this section can be touchy if you do one miss step. I had a heck of a time on one of my runs thru it.

Hope you get it sorted out. But don't waste time in there, reload and start over. The bad thing about some of the bugs is once they hit that is the only fix. Also reinstall the patch anyway, it won't hurt and it may reset it all. Just save first in a new slot.
Mark Twain
Post Sun May 21, 2006 1:52 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I sometimes have trouble in this area even when I do it in the correct sequence. Well sometimes those late night sessions, at least you think your doing the right sequence.

This is the only complex pussle in the game so try not to give up.
Oh, wait there is the part when you get the pet, too.
Post Thu May 25, 2006 10:54 pm
radstar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks guys but I have put this game on the back burner I cant be bothered running around this crypt anymore and have not had success in killing the golden ylside. (if I summon her where I can levitate out of range the game crashes so no good) I have now bought morrowind to see if I can get some of that enjoyement I had when playing this game with a clue as to how it works.

Regards all thanks for the help
radstar
Post Fri May 26, 2006 12:48 pm