View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Ican
For the final battle I used all Jedi ( as I did all through the game , as soon as I could ).

It is possible to use force powers on Malak. He was stunned 99% of the time when I confronted him. Force Wave is such a nice ability. Of course ..do force breach him first. Throwing your lightsaber is a guaranteed hit also.

I don't think I have Force Wave or Force Breach. I guess I didn't develop my characters right.

I may go back and replay the whole thing, "knowing then what I know now."

I hope I can get through the final confrontation. All the other fights were so easy. Even the tough ones turned out easy if you could find a place to run and rest a bit. But I have a feeling it will be up close and personal with Malak.
Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:12 am
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Yes ..it is personal. A one on one situation. His melee is strong .... so be sure to use lots of stim-packs to boost your stats etc, and of course use med-packs to save your "force-power" for more offensive abilities.

He "feeds" power off a certain source. Be sure to deny him that source if you can. You'll know what I mean when you come to it.

Although it wasn't a stroll in the park, I found the end not to be too "uber". I didn't require to reload and try again. Often , the endings in games can be ridiculously hard to resolve. This isn't one of them.
Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:15 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:
Originally posted by SilkenKidden
Did you have to remind me of him? Gad, he was awful.

Too true. It took the patience of a saint to make it through his whiney little romance. I much prefered the fan-made male romances.

As for beating Malak, you don't have to start over. Just use the cheats to take away some experience, then give that experience back and you can re-level your character and pick new powers to use. That's how I experimented with several powers.
Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:42 pm
Winter_Bloom
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I got a tried and true strategy for beating the Jawless Wonder (btw, I adore Carth, so there! ). To get rid of Malak's power source, you need Throw Lightsaber, Destroy Droid and I hear Force Breach works as well. If you have Throw Lightsaber, all the better. Basically wreck Malak's power base, thwack him once or twice and run around the room. Use Medpacs to heal up and stims if you got 'em. This will refill your Force meter too. Rince and repeat, Malak should be dead within a few minutes. This works great if you neglected to give yourself Force Wave, Stasis Field and Force Breach.

Btw, if you got a Verpine Shield, use it! This will help to protect you against Malak's Force attacks. Remember, he's *very* lightning happy.
Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:58 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Val
quote:
Originally posted by SilkenKidden
Did you have to remind me of him? Gad, he was awful.

Too true. It took the patience of a saint to make it through his whiney little romance. I much prefered the fan-made male romances.

As for beating Malak, you don't have to start over. Just use the cheats to take away some experience, then give that experience back and you can re-level your character and pick new powers to use. That's how I experimented with several powers.

I have won the strong, silent Carth, turned Bastila back to the light, and saved the universe!

Thank you all for your help and hints, especially Val and Ican. And thank you again, Ican, for getting me through those mini games.
Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:34 am
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

You're welcome
Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:04 am
CryScythe
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

And that's the ending I never started to dream of... True Dark Lord returns - "Thats' big" Republic fleet smashed to pieces, Yoda's grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-father turned to space dust with the ship, Star Forge is working at full capasity, the invincible Sith fleet will crush the Republic..
The galaxy will soon bow before the Dark Lord - you (But if there will be a second part of the game then I don't know A new republic jedi-hero may save the galaxy as usual)

Carth is (actually was) really a thorn in one's side - I mean when you try to kill someone (i.e. innocent waitress and such ) he always steps in: "Run, she's innocent, don't kill her, why are you doing this..." "Pathetic fool" - that's what he is. But at the and he got what he was asking for - alone on deserted planet. New Robinson

And the final conversation with Malak made me laugh, no really that's one of the funniest moment of the game.
-I knew ..khhheemm... you was always stronger than me...
-Finally the apprentice learned something
Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:22 am
morning star
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Beating Malak is extremly easy is you choose to use the dark side use force lighting or drain life on all the jedi in the room(drain life is better since u get full hp and i think force for using it). Also remember to get the robe on deck 2 it gives strength and regen plus hevier armor then anyother robe. Then use your stims bonus turn on force immunity and a verpine shield and go at him power attack and he will be dead in less then 20 hits just make sure to use life support pack and energy shields when u need life or when u run of shields. an buff up before going in the room you don't want to lose the first encounter or take to much dmg from light saber throws to the back when u are killing the jedi.
Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:02 pm
mookmaster
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No wonder the ending was so hard, i couldn't figure out how to destroy his power source so i just fought him until it ran out and then killed him, i also only used healing force powers because i sort of figured he'd block all my force attacks. It took me 3 tries and each try fook forever!
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:10 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

I loved turning Bastila back to the light in the end. I liked her character very much, so that made me feel happy inside.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Fri May 07, 2004 4:46 pm
Ker-Soth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i cannot understand how on earth (or any other planet for that matter) someone can fail to lure Carth into their clutches.A woman nonetheless! the first hitting line appears in an conversation in underground taris and the only thing you have to do after that is continue hitting on him and saying how important he is for you.God! i mean it took me 15 levels and many hours of gameplay to manage to hit on Bastila as a man. That, my friends, is difficult not Carth.
Post Sun May 09, 2004 4:21 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3