Usergroups
The black box for T'rang quest
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Okay. I searched the beach north of swamp. Nothing in wreckage. I finally decimated the Rayjin scum guarding the entrance to Bayjin. Wandered around, harder and harder fights with chiefs and what not. No box. I can't find it anywhere. Guys...where's the blasted box? By going into bayjin i have to lose the valkyrie and the gadgeteer which sucks...please tell me the flight recorder of the savant ship from t'rang quest is NOT there..if it is, bloody hell i'm in for a fight.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:16 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

There is wreck of ship, you should find it there.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:12 am
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I can't find it Danicek, i even cast detect secrets..maddening..i don't see the thing anywhere..hmm i guess i can look again, but i've tried twice..i love this game but it may be driving me to the ends of insanity.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:37 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Hmmm,
I am not sure if I am right.
MichaelC - am I right about location of this black box?
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:41 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Yep. On Bayjin (The isle in the middle of the sea in the middle of the world).
On the beach on this (small) isle is a "Big" Spaceship-"wreck". Inside this "Wreck" you will find the "black box" on the ground. And it's not hidden or covered in any way! If you can't find the wreck, you haven't been all around the isle. You can't miss it!
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:58 am
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

madglee, that isn't the wreck that you found, I remember that area, there are just some plates on the ground and a few items scattered about.

That isn't the wreck.

You have to look for an actual ship, similar to the one in Arnika where you rescued Vi, you actually go inside, it's not lying on the beach, and if memory serves, I don't even think it's in the 'zone' you are currently exploring.

From what you say it sounds like you are in the swamps, you have to go through the underwater level to get to Bayjin, did you do that?

[ This Message was edited by: Sir Markus on 2002-03-01 04:06 ]
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 10:05 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Sir Markus: I guess you right Madglee is just on the nortside of the swamp area. Passing the bridge to the north in the swamp area don't bring you to "Bayjin". You have to go further north from the swamp. But the problem is, you don't have any Scuba gear at this time. You can't survive without it. Go to the Umpani's, this is your way ahead!
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 10:25 am
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Michael is right, go to the Umpani base, chances are you'll be able to complete 3 or 4 quests for them VERY easily. If you are able to navigate the swamps, and haven't completed any Umpani quests yet, that's definitely where you should be right now for leveling your characters.

Also, you can pick up a nice Trynnie ranger (?) who has excellent bow skills, but don't plan on taking her to Bayjin, she doesn't like water....

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 10:40 am
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Ohhhhh, I was in the north of the swamp fighting my way into that camp with the rayjin/bayjin chiefs and sentinels, but i DO have a bunch of scuba gear..do i just go to the beach where all those plates are lying about and use it, then wade into the sea, or do i have to enter north of the swamp in their camp..cause they're really hard to kill
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:22 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

It is easier to go trhought Swamps. Other way is from Umpani base trhought sea caves, but if you will go (now) this way, you will need to fight more and even more dangerous enemies.
You can not simply dive into the sea. There are only few accessible areas in sea.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:43 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Danicek is right. Althought there is a cave north of that beach you mentioned that leads into Bayjin. There are two exits on that island in the swamp, one goes to the Mine Tunnels, the other goes to Bayjin.
Post Sat Mar 02, 2002 5:50 am

No if you are fighting lots of bayjin chiefs and sentinels, and maybe some crabs, you are heading in the right direction it's a long fight to the wreck though, but you'll know it when you see it.
Post Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:02 pm