Level up help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
ncn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Level up help

From what I've read from the forum the best to get the 5x multipliers is to have two misc skills and one major/minor skills leveled up by 10 (of course they have to be based on different atributes). Like this you will get 15 points in your atributes (3X5). People say this is the best level up but my question is if isn't better to do something like this: level two major/minor skills with only 1 point (because you anyway get a 2x multiplier), level up a third one with 8 points (4x) and two misc skills (for 5x). Do you get in this case 2 + 2 + 4 + 5 + 5 = 18 points in your atributes (suposed that each skill is based on different atributes)??

Please explain me this.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:42 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Huh?

Just run and jump alot, read alot of books, and kill anything other than npcs, and youll be fine ='.'=

Personally, I go with the one major/ two minor, I dont like to spread my attributes out too thin
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:28 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

There's a problem with your plan: You can only increase three attributes each time you level, even if you picked up skill points in more than three. With the distribution you describe, you'd get to choose any three of 5, 5, 4, 2, and 2. Obviously, the best you could do is 14 points.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:43 pm
ncn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks. I've just discover last night that on level up there are only 3 points to distribute so it's now clear for me.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:44 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Okay, dumb question here, and not really all that relevant as I won't be playing MW in the near future ... but what IS the most efficient way to get the greatest number points when leveling?

For example:
Would
Five points of increase in STR skills,
Five points of increase in DEX skills
Give me a 5 multiplier in each?

Or to put the question another way, HOW does the mutliplier system work?
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:31 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

skill increase points / level up attribute increase
0 / 1
1-4 / 2
5-7 / 3
8,9 / 4
10+ / 5
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:47 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
0 / 1
1-4 / 2
5-7 / 3
8,9 / 4
10+ / 5

So, if I put off sleeping until I've gained 10 in each of three areas, say STR, INT, DEX does that mean that I have a 5 multiplier in STR, INT DEX for three levels?

Or is the best I can hope for would be a 3-3-1 or a 4-2-2?

Crikey, but that would be tough to keep track of!

I think I'll just continue to play the way I was before. Ya get a level when ya get a level and let the multipliers fall where they may.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:32 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

I always got only x1 multiplier if I trained more than 1 level at a time, without sleeping. When I raised my skills in combat and I got 2 levels before sleeping I had the multiplieres, but not after training. Is it normal?
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:27 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Lintra
quote:
0 / 1
1-4 / 2
5-7 / 3
8,9 / 4
10+ / 5

So, if I put off sleeping until I've gained 10 in each of three areas, say STR, INT, DEX does that mean that I have a 5 multiplier in STR, INT DEX for three levels?

Or is the best I can hope for would be a 3-3-1 or a 4-2-2?

Crikey, but that would be tough to keep track of!

I think I'll just continue to play the way I was before. Ya get a level when ya get a level and let the multipliers fall where they may.
Yes and no. You can put off sleeping to stockpile, but if you pick up a skill increase in a major or minor skill during that time (making 11 or more increases), it counts toward the next level, which can get very complicated in a hurry.

The system I used (and you know how I am, Lintra ) was to write down the attribute for every skill increase I had, and circle the ones that were major/minor skills (and counted toward the "10 increases per level"). When I'd get close to gaining a level, I'd look at my chart to determine what attributes I'd gotten the most increases in. I'd then find trainers in misc skills for those attributes and pay to train until I ended up with 10 skill increases for 3 different attributes, which gave me the optimal 5x5x5x increase while leveling. Nice and anal...
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:33 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Did anyone ever get 100 in everything? I think I managed to get 100 in 3 atributes and about 75 in all the others.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:46 am
StarkeRealm
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It's Possible, I haven't but I did have a Knight that was very close, mid 90s or 100 in every attribute. (Str of 170 with enchanted armor) But If you work at it a level 10 character can have a score of 100 in something. Luck's probably the hardest to reach 100 since it can never have a mutiplyer.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:13 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yep, that's about the long and the short of it.

I created one excellent character, a male Orc with Endurance as a prime attribute, born under the sign of The Lady. He started the game with 85 Endurance, and hit 100 at level 4!

But Luck is the killer. It's really useful, but changes so very slowly. These days my characters always take Luck as a prime attribute, as it gives you a 10 point boost that would otherwise take ten levels to obtain! On level up I always put one point into Luck so it increases steadily over the levels.

However, you'll still need to gain 50-odd levels before getting to 100. You're likely to be running out of skills to improve by that point, and will have to start getting yourself imprisoned just to damage your skills. I expect 100 in all attributes is possible, but only worth doing if that's all you want to do - you'd need to concentrate all efforts on it after a while.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:34 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
The system I used (and you know how I am, Lintra ) was to write down the attribute for every skill increase I had, and circle the ones that were major/minor skills (and counted toward the "10 increases per level"). When I'd get close to gaining a level, I'd look at my chart to determine what attributes I'd gotten the most increases in. I'd then find trainers in misc skills for those attributes and pay to train until I ended up with 10 skill increases for 3 different attributes, which gave me the optimal 5x5x5x increase while leveling. Nice and anal...

I'm not like that. At all. *hides big sheet of paper covered with numbers*...

Ach, for my current character I've taken a slightly more relaxed view of things. I quicksave before levelling, take note of about how many more points I need in things, reload and go train. Repeat until you get all the 5x bonuses you want!

Before anyone asks, I don't consider this cheating because I could just do the same with a sheet of paper. I just spend less time over it this way.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:38 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Jeez guys, don't you ever just play for the fun of it?

*Lintra shakes his head*

What ever happened to ROLEplaying????? Oops. I forgot. Dte is in on this converstation!!
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:51 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

That's easy, Lintra- I PLAY the ROLE of an anal retentive engineer optimizing a huge multi-variable character development process. It's a familiar and comfortable ROLE to PLAY.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:18 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next