Hello,im new
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
Salad Fingers
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hello,im new

this is the first forum i have ever joined.i like RPGs,RTSs,FPSs,MMORPGs,and platformers.my dad is already on the site and his username is Davo. i put that emoticon there because it is my favorite.my dads playing the new splinter cell demo rite now.he says its pretty awesome. my dad owns just about every RPG and RTS game available over the last 5 years.can u reccomend one?
Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:19 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Hello and welcome, Salad Fingers, son of Davo . Try to have fun!
As for recommending a game... I wouldn't like to do it without knowing which games you have played (and liked).

Some obvious favorites of CRPGers who frequent the Dot are the Gothic games and Morrowind, but as I said, I'd like to know about the games you liked (and why you liked them) before recommending something.
Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:36 am
gamemaster
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Salad Fingers eh? Does this mean you eat salad with your fingers or does it have some other connotation?
Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:12 pm
Salad Fingers
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

@Jaz--"As for recommending a game... I wouldn't like to do it without knowing which games you have played (and liked)."
My favorite game of all time is World of Warcraft because I love the Warcraft universe and RPGs,and this game combines both games into one. I also love creating characters sometimes more than playing the game. I also liked warcraft 3 because the game makes me feel like i am part of the action. Another favorite is Morrowind because you can create awesome characters and the world is very cool. My favorite console game is Halo because it has a great story and Master Chief is one of my favorite characters. I like games with great stories,an awesome character creation system and a setting that makes me feel like i'm part of the story. Some other favorites include NWN,Zelda,Mario and Final Fantasy.

@gamemaster--"Salad Fingers eh? Does this mean you eat salad with your fingers or does it have some other connotation?" Salad Fingers is one of my favorite online cartoons. Follow this link to view it http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons . You should click through the pages and start with the first one since there are 5 episodes.
Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:48 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Hm hmmmm... in terms of CRPGs, if you like interesting game worlds and characters plus neat story twists, you might try Gothic I/II. It's dark, gritty, sarcastic, and you'll feel betrayed for sure at one or the other point in the game(s)... quite immersive. Character development takes place during the game- you start out as a blank slate and pick your skills, stats... etc. while playing and leveling up.

As for newer games, you might like the two KOTOR games (at least I like them ). Nice stories, mini games, characters... and both are available for the XBox as well.
Arx Fatalis was another favorite of mine. It is reminiscent of (and a homage to) the Ultima Underworld games (but these are more than five years old ).
If you liked NWN, you might like the Baldurs Gate games. For some reason I couldn't stand them, but many people liked them. As for newer games in a similar (yet funnier) mold, I'd recommend the Divinity games.
Fable is a nice, funny and quite entertaining console title; it's just far too short.

As for non- CRPGs, I can recommend the Thief games if you haven't played them. Dense atmosphere, nice, sarcastic protagonist... and it's nice to play as a character who - as a rule - can't hand an NPC his, her or its butt on a silver platter. You might have played the Splinter Cell games; if you liked those, you might like the Thief series as well; only the third is available for the 'box, however, the other two are from 1998 and 2000, respectively.
Other console titles you might like are the Soul Reiver games; very interesting characters and gameplay.
Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:04 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Hi Salad Fingers,

I'm not new here anymore
The rpg's I can recommend: Gothic 1,2 and the x-pack NotR, Sacred (very nice, not the best but the multiplayer part can certainly keep you busy) and one to keep your eyes on: Dungeon Lords (not released yet). It has all the things a very good rpg needs, the only thing that could spoil this game are the physics (they seem a little bit awkward sometimes).
Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:15 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Welcome!
Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:27 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Welcome! Magical Trevor says Hi.

P.S. Incase you werent aware, Salad Fingers was not created by weebl. It was made by David Firth. You can see more of his work here: http://www.fat-pie.com/flash.htm

Last edited by Chekote on Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:58 pm
Salad Fingers
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thanks a lot!
Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:58 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

Welcome Salad Fingers!

soon time will come to decide who you will serve, Morrowind or Gothic
Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:26 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

It's quite possible to play - and like - both games equally, tolgerias...
Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:02 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Welcome to the forums!
Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:45 pm