Game Manual and Map
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Arrowhead
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Game Manual and Map

I haven't been able to play this game until I did a upgrade to my puter. I just got a new GF4 Ti4200 8x 128 card and the game came with it. I started playing and love it.

The problem is that sense the game came with the graphics card there was no manual for the game or construction set. I've learned alot through forums but would like to know if anyone knows where I can find it online? I went to the official site with no luck. I haven't contacted them but I thought it easier to talk to the better experts.....ALL OF YOU OUT THERE.

Thanks
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:06 pm
Beo
Space Defender
Space Defender

There are some information posted in this thread which may be helpful to you.
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:06 pm
Arrowhead
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks Beo, I have already been to most of those sites and started an information book, i.e. Magic, Weapons, etc. (which I do on all RPG games I play) I also prefer not to use guides or cheats. MW is huge and it is the first game I'd like to try using the tool set. Having the manuals is just handy.

It's a drag to stop in the middle of a game, get on line and look for little answers to basic questions. Ive noticed most of the posts are not about basics or for newbies.

I'm going to look for a used copy of the game and pick it up anyway sooner or later I just thought the original might be on line somewhere.

Thanks Again
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:38 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

FWIW, the manual (all 49 4.5"x6.5" pages) is practically worthless. It gives you practically nothing that isn't available via in-game tool tips. There's absolutely nothing about the construction set, either.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:44 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Agreed!

Unless you're like me and plan out a character in excruciating detail to make sure skill's prime attributes balance nicely etc, there's very little you need in the manual to play the game.

Once you know what the keys do, how to cast spells, how to do Alchemy and how to enchant things, that's pretty much all you need.

Anything else anyone can think of?
Post Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:04 pm
StarkeRealm
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Aside from the manual's complete list of base magic effects (such as "Command" or "Bound *Item*") the real prize is the map, it's a complete map of the game world, and although it skips the random tombs and dungeons it includes every town, if it has a boat dock, what dwarven ruins are nearby, and to some extent the basic architecture of the town, however there is no key and some things aren't really obvious, (I still haven’t figured out what the red "X"s mean) but if your new to the game it's definitely a big help.
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:46 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

There's no map in my manual. Did you get the Collector's Edition or something, StarkeRealm?

@cfm- only other thing I found slightly useful was the section on spell-making although even that doesn't give you much information beyond the in-game tool tips.
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:01 am
puma
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I don't have the map either. I bought a Polish localized edition, which I understand is limited to reduce costs. But on the other hand I have bought the game, so I think I could use this map. Is there any chance that somebody scans it and sends to the needy or just puts it on www?
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:57 am
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

http://12.145.63.45/~uesp/morrow/files/morrowind.jpg
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:14 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

@dte, you didn't get the map? I got a standard US-version of MW from EB; perhaps it was an EB exclusive?
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:30 am
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

All US/EU versions have a map. Localized EU versions sometimes have no map.
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:01 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Dhruin
@dte, you didn't get the map? I got a standard US-version of MW from EB; perhaps it was an EB exclusive?
Unless my wild dogs stole it and ate it while I wasn't looking, I didn't get a map. I bought the regular US release at EB in late June, about 1.5 months after the release date, IIRC.
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:50 pm
Arrowhead
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks for all the responce. Now that I've played awhile I have almost everything down. My first point is (and maybe still) that without knowing what you "can do and can not do" how do you know when to ask a question.

I got along way into the game and simple things pop up that the manual might have answered or (Like leveling) I didn't know about the skill points and level point system so all I was doing was 2 points on skill every level up.

I would have done things differently if I had Known.

Anyway thanks Again. (I'm picking up Tribunal so I can do some cool Mods and I saw a used Elder Scrolls for $19.98 so I might get that too)
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:34 pm
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

You get the original map again with trib
Post Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:56 pm
Arrowhead
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I saw the the map link above and it's just another thing "I got to have" Thanks for the info on Tribunal. I'm not going to get the used game of Elder Scrolls until I see the info included with Tribunal. I hope it will fill in the gaps involving misc keyboard functions.

This game will be around for a long time and with the construction set it will be many many hours of deversion from the everyday news. I have built up enough reference information to make game play decisions easier and with the great info on the construction set in "Plugin Forum" I'll be busy creating too.

Haven't seen much on problems adding Tribunal so I hope Bloodmoon will be the same. Seems like the game is built on a good foundation.
Post Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:41 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next