Have you ever tried this?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Have you ever tried this?

I got bored and decided to make a large-sized conflict.

First me and the bridge guards (about 10-15) against some orc fighters and temple warriors. Then we retreated to the outer ring and had a major conflict at the gate. The orcs were everywhere! They ran into the castle and killed 2 heavy guards, 2 fire magicians and a lots of minor guards.

Then i ran fast to the other gate and created over 20 guards and orcs. The conflict was smaller than the other fight, but still a lot of guards died. The funny thing was that the guards were unconscious and when they woke up they took an orc weapon.

In the morning i went to the gate that leads to the orc territory with about 10 men and fought against shamans and temple warriors. The only ones that were left from the men 10 + 2 originals at the gate were 3 heavy guards.

And still! After a couple of days when i went into the castle.
There was a wounded orc temple guard killing the guards!

For some reason, after the conflict and even in the middle of it the guards kept attacking me! Maybe i took their weapons, because when i sold their weapons they stopped attacking me. They didnt even say anything, they just attacked me and i had to run. (otherwise the whole camp wouldve been after me)
Post Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:40 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Never experimented too much, but I believe Templars would do far better than any other guards. Try it, it might be fun! =)
Post Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:01 pm
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Templars up front would do more damage, but try mixing in a few guards with bows and mages at the back to spice it up. I had a lot of fun arranging battles with the cheats too.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:14 am