The Marvin Mode
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

not sure about what part of the game you mean whit the last part[/quote]
This isn't important. When you can ask Torrez abaut: ,,how is venturing magic arts?''
And you can ask Huno abaut: ,,Well smith how's buisness?"
What can I do?
Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:36 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

i belive that is just dialogs to make the game seem more alive .. however if you were a firemage asking torrez about ventureing in the magic arts he might either beable to sell you something or increase you mana .. cant remember really
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:55 am
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Well, maybe something like that. I don't know really. I toudht a fire mage.... but no. A fire mage is the same. Perhaps it is just there to talk with them.
Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:57 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I think that you perhaps misunderstand the marvin-mode. First, it does NOT change the game in any way. The game will be the same and all will work the same. NOTHING changes.

What you can do in marvin-mode, though, is to use some 'debug' commands. For example, you can insert some weapon with a code for what you actually don't have enough ore to buy. You can insert into the game some armor what you can't get, or will get it later. You can turn on the 'god mode' and then, at lvl 0, to go the Sleeper's Temple. Can add cash and so on. This is basically the 'cheat' part of the game, though in general these tools are quite useful when debugging the game.

Then there are codes to insert monsters, or you can also take over the body of other char in the game - can't play with that char, really, but for kicks, why not. Can go through walls and so on. Also can see various technical debugging data and if you know what to adjust and where, you can change stats, look of the char, voice and a lot of things. Of course, if you don't know how to do it, you can screw up the game big time.

These are just few things what the marvin-mode allows, but you need to realise one thing: the game itself does NOT CHANGE in any way. The quests will be the same, NPC's will say the same things, all will behave the same way - nothing will be different then when you'd play the game without the marvin-mode.
Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:06 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

You don't understand me. This isn't abaut the Marvin mode, this is abaut the Marvin mode, the 1.8 patch, and the original Gothic 1. None of this ,,versions''. I only asked, what abaut this dialogs and the thugs in the canyon.
Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:46 pm
druidvideo
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Weapon

I get a headache reading this thread
Post Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:40 am
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Re: Weapon

Well this is abaut some other things. It's not so important. It just abaut the smith Huno, and a fire mage in the castle. And some thugs in the troll canyon.
There's a camp, where are a lot of thugs. they have a leader, (i don't remember his name) and i just asked what are they for. But now i know. They are good for nothing. I charmed the leader but i couldn't talk to him. there was only one possibility: ENDE ... now you see.
And abaut Huno and the fire mage, it is just for... well it is for nothing
Post Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:13 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2