Planescape, is there hope left?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Planescape, is there hope left?

Probably someone already asked about it, but maybe there are some new infomrations latley.

Is there a slightest chance that there will be another part of this great game, or maybe atleast a game created in the same world?

And if not, are there any modules?
Post Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:12 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

One can always hope but everything I've seen from Feargus and other Black Isle luminaries indicates it's unlikely. PS:T was a modest success but the sales weren't big enough to make a sequel a priority.
Post Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:45 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Oh well I guess I'll have to buy Black Isle and make another Planescape game
Post Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:18 pm
Dhruin

I didn't realise you were so infuential, Korzen . While you're at it, tell to release the details on their unannounced Jefferson project!
Post Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:31 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Yeah sure Druhin no problem. Oh did I mention that there is that "Help Korzen take over BlackIsle" fund? And that donations would be welcome, not that I'm trying to convince you to pay, no, you have to pay.. I mean you don't have to pay

But I was wondering about an atack on their HQ, I bet they would work faster with an AK-47 stuck to their heads J/K
Post Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:51 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

No doubt about it... Planescape 2 would be top on my list to buy. So much was left unsaid, undone...

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:37 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Yeah, in the begining you could take part in the blood war ( it was the ending of the first part so everything would fit ) and then try to escape those realms, maybe when Black Isle makes some money on lionheart they will produce Planescape2?
Post Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:11 pm
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

Maybe we could bombard them with e-mails until they realise how much we want PS:T2. I have waited so long for a sequel, but alas, it may be a case of my cookie crumbling and me getting very upset....

If I rubbed a magic bottle with a genie I would wish for PS:T2 to be released, and for it to be as good as the original.

Then I'd be selfish and use the other two wished for me and only me.

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:01 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

@Kayla that probably won't help ( the e-mails that is) I saw a petition about PST2 somewhere but I can't remember where it was, it was signed by 87 people, who would have thought that there are so "many" fans of that game

But look what I found!:

http://www.geocities.com/magoo_3_16/

@Kayla you're a evil-cat so no wonder you would save 2 wishes for yourself On the second hand I would do exactly the same thing
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:10 pm
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

@Korzen. Thanks for that. It could prove very interesting.

And thank you for calling me evil. That's so sweet, I can almost feel the tears welling up.

Most people I know who have played PS:T think it is one of the best games they've ever played, it's a pity there is little chance of a full sequal, but the mod should be fun.

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:30 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

@Kayla No problem, I can even call you an arch vilian if it helps you

And at this forum you can find the guy who is making that sequel ( he's called Darkside X )

http://forums.interplay.com/viewforum.php?f=47&sid=fdfbfb24306e557474f965ecc67d7896

And ofcourse some other informations about PST.

I just found a nice poster from PST, it's already hanging on the wall.
Post Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:59 pm
Desdicado
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Most people seeming to like this game makes me wonder if I should give it another bash. At the time I left it unfinished as I found it slo-o-o-o-ow and confusing, I also think I got stuck fighting some robots somewhere or other and couldn't get past that bit (remember this was b4 help on the net, for me anyway!)
It's the only BI game I never finished, excpent for more recently IWD2 which I didn't enjoy due to my biggest RPG hate LINEARITY!. Gah!.

I think the IWD2 box should have had a sign, like on Cigarette packets "Warning IWD2 can damage your ability to Role Play!"
Post Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:56 pm
Integer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

There probably won't be another Planescape game by BIS, as they have lost the PS license. If you want more PS, it's best to go to svgames.com to pick up some PnP materials in pdf format. It costs money, but it's sold at a huge discount and IMO it's well worth it.
Post Wed May 28, 2003 5:14 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, for what it matters, TSR no longer makes anything Planescape related.

Sort of unrealistic to make a game for a pen and paper role playing game that doesnt exist.

The computer game was much more successful than the roleplaying modules. Philosophy just doesnt translate that well to that area.
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:18 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Planescape was a fun setting... but it wasn't for people new to the game. Alternate campaign settings geared towards veteran players never do as well as entry level campaign settings.

Dark Sun, Planescape, and Spelljammer all had their place. They took D&D, shook it around, and made everything familiar less so. For veterans (ho hum... look, another orc uprising) the change was welcome.

However, if you were new to the game and jumped right into Dark Sun, for example, you'd have no idea what was going on. Psionics are core, ability scores are higher, character 'trees' are enabled by default, and using magic destroys the world.

Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, and Dragonlance are much 'friendlier' to new players... therefore they're more marketable.

Ravenloft fit into category one, but it tapped the horror side. Anything with vampires is l337 ( ), so it endured.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:39 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next