Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Are there any similar games to these.........
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
sammy22
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Are there any similar games to these.........

Might and magic 6-9 wizards and warriors, wizardry series. I have struggled to find any games remotely like them, which involve a party and are primarily about raising stats and skills.

I have also enjoyed ultima underworld 2, but didn;t enjoy arx fatalis.

Can anyone help?
Post Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:09 pm
mogwins
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hmmm, maybe Devil Whiskey? It's essentially a Bard's Tale remake (not the new RPG-lite version, the old classic).
Post Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:47 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

um wizardry 8 was the best one made like that

might and magic 9 was the last one made. i thought it was really bad but someone made a lot of mods to it I never tried out.

grimoire is in production its like wizardry 7.

hmm partys and stats. well kotor qualifies almost, and it is great. In general a game hasnt been made like that in several years

mmmm ultima underworld type game..... well even though u didnt like arx fatalis, gothic and gothic 2 are like it but better so i would try those even though they fill none of ur requirements lol ;o)
Post Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:10 am
sammy22
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

thanks, I feared that these kind of games weren't being made any more and it seems there is very little around. I appreciate the suggestions.
Post Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:20 am
mogwins
Village Leader
Village Leader

I've played through Might & Magic 6-8 several times, and pretty much lost my youth to MM2, but I have to say MM9 really sucked - I couldn't bear to play it, it broke my little heart. However, my interest is piqued by this talk of mods - did somebady "fix" it? Is it worth giving a second try?
Post Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:45 pm
n0k
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
I've played through Might & Magic 6-8 several times, and pretty much lost my youth to MM2, but I have to say MM9 really sucked - I couldn't bear to play it, it broke my little heart. However, my interest is piqued by this talk of mods - did somebady "fix" it? Is it worth giving a second try?

im currently playing mm6, have mm9 laying around tho and yes, apparantly there's a few fixes which should raise the gameplay value:
http://telp.org/mm9/patches/patches.html
i've also struggled to find games like these, without real luck. closest ones i like i suppose is eye of the beholder 1-2..
Post Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:41 pm
mogwins
Village Leader
Village Leader

Oooh, I loved the first two Eye of the Beholder games. The third one: not so much.

I might try MM9 with the patch. Gotta play something while I wait for the new saviour of RPGs.

If you can cope with dated graphics you might try some retro gaming. I played Legend of Faerghail a fair bit on the Amiga (not tried this PC version). I also heard very good things about the Blades of Destiny games, though I've never tried them myself. Darklands is also supposed to be worth playing, but again, I've not got round to it. On a slightly newer slant the Lands of Lore series might be what you're looking for - the first one is abandonware, the other two can be picked up pretty cheaply.

M.
Post Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:25 pm
Shimbatha
Village Leader
Village Leader

The first Lands of Lore was a classic. A definite MUST play if you can find a place to Download it. The 2nd and 3rd...well, they weren't so good.

I would also have to say that the two "Dungeon master" games were pretty good. Especially the second one. Good luck finding them though.
Post Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:31 am