what to do with the lp at this lvl
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Nameles BQQN
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

what to do with the lp at this lvl

i'm a lvl 32 dragonhunter and have the master 2h skill and the master crosbow skill 85 strenght and about 79 dex i already have 20 spare lp's

plz tell me what is the best way to spend them...should i bulk up my figthing skills or my strenght and dex?

i already have the best smit skills and all the thief skills and some hunting skills like remove dragonscale/blood and the basic hide and horn removers

what should i do best?
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:21 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

put into srength. If you play NotR, you will need A LOT of strength.
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:15 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

strength and pump your 2 handed sword up to 100% and you will become an undefeatable dragonhunter
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:46 pm
Nameles BQQN
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thnx but i dont play notr.....

euh when i get my 2h skill to 100 will i get a higher hit ratio or something or critical hits? i once knew this stuff but i didnt play for a long time and forgot that kind of useful stuf

and when i have really high strength but already enough for the highest weapon will it give me extra damage?

i really dont want to waste these lp's they belong to my last i'll get as a dragonhunter before finishing the game

thnx anyway titus and neocodex
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:03 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

You can get a Ring of the Orcish Warlords in chapter 4. It will LOWER your strength bu 20. You can use it to raise your strength. Put it on and your strength will be 65. Learn more and then take off the Ring. Voila!

You could also learn Alchemy, so you can brew strength potions.

Or just learn every hunting skill there is and make a lot of money selling animal parts.
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:27 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Heh, if you're playing original G2 you can have both 1h and 2h skills at 100%, strength is over 100 too.

My Dragon Hunter had somewhere around 160-180 strength, don't remember corectly, but he was VERY powerful he killed an Orc Elite with 1 blow
I was sparing all dragon roots / king sorel's and potions, apples, stews until chapter 6, where you can learn brew potion of strength from Vatras

But I never tought of using that ring, it's really a briliant idea! Therefore, i think it's possible to raise your strength over 200. Did anyone made it so far?
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:44 pm
Nameles BQQN
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hey sem

thnx for the tip with the ring i knew that it lowers yor strenght -20 but didnt know that you can use it to get higher max strenght

but umh neocodex...
why would i want to have both my 1 and 2h skill maxed
and i wont learn that recipe from vatras because 1) i'm a dragonhunter and 2)i dont know anything about alchemy so i wont get enough lp's for brew strenght before i finish the game but thanx anyway

i made up my mind about my lp problem, tomorrow i start as a mage after finishing this dragonhunter THANX ALL

case closed back to gothic 2
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:48 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

if you are over level 40 in the act 6, you can have everything maxed out. i mean, why not? even if you want to have 1h at 100% you will need to raise your 2h to 60% so it's the same thing, what else can you do with remaining lps.

and btw you don't need much lp to learn that strength potion but wait a minute, how many dragon roots and king sorrels do you have with you?
every dragonroot + king sorrel = 5 strength
that's quite something, isn't it? you can raise your strength drasticaly at the end of the game, you just have to spare all the dragonroots and sorels.
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:05 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

My maximum strength level was when I played as a paladin. A lot of Orc Elite had Dragon Roots in that game (seems to random though). I was level 42 and my strength was 275 or something like that.
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:23 pm
Nameles BQQN
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hmm i really should have saved my sorrels and dragonroots i ate them all the moment i found them i wanted a real mercanery dragonhunter i didnt like the idea that my hunter had a sidejob as a alchemist it gives a image of a gray and pale scholar

but now i started as a novice and i'm rally in brewing potions and making runes

ow i love this game ....so much possibilities....mmm
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:25 am