Usergroups
Stuck in Marten's Bluff
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I am at upper Marten's Bluff. I climbed into the castle (catapult) and searched everywhere; but it appears that there is two rooms in the southeast and southwest that I can't find. My mage cast X-ray and I can see enemies and booty to loot in these rooms, but I can't find the two doors. There is a large door opposite, the wall crushing machines that I can't open. I took the elevator down (center room of the wall-crushing machine). I got the find the flang quest. Bought some supplies from Sadok, and found a room with a magic door? that requires an answer to a riddle. What's the answer to the riddle and how do I get into the rooms in upper Marten's Bluff.
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 3:25 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

To this rooms you will be able to go trought Mine Tunels.

There is also traped door on left side when you come to Martens Bluff building, it will allow you to enter another part of Martens Bluff.

It is ok that you are not able to open that big doors.

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-04-06 09:39 ]
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 3:39 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

There's two "groups" of rooms in UMB. The first is easy to get to. Facing the crusher, turn around (180) and go forward. You'll find a small ramp to each side. I'd recommend looking but no touching for now in there. The other group (the rest of the castle), will require you to go to Lower MB and then back up again. This is a particularly enjoyable exploration, so I don't want to spoil it too badly. Ask again if you need more.
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 3:41 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2002-04-06 09:41, dteowner wrote:
There's two "groups" of rooms in UMB. The first is easy to get to. Facing the crusher, turn around (180) and go forward. You'll find a small ramp to each side. I'd recommend looking but no touching for now in there. The other group (the rest of the castle), will require you to go to Lower MB and then back up again. This is a particularly enjoyable exploration, so I don't want to spoil it too badly. Ask again if you need more.

I have been to lower Marten's Bluff, but nothing happened to the upper section when I returned? By the way, is the riddle in the lower section for later?
Anyway, Facing the crusher (on the inside of the castle), there are three rooms, the center room has the trap door and hanging dummy while on either side of this room are hydraulic rams. 180 degrees and walking straight from the center room is the large locked door that I can't open, on either side of the door is an orange lite alcove with no ramp. While standing in either alcove I can see the rooms in the map view that I want to get into. These rooms appear as solid blue in the map view.
NOte: This is my first time at Marten's, am I suppose to find the flag first before I can enter these rooms, (monsters are in there, cause I can hear them, and they appear in the map view)
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 9:55 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

OK, looks like I need a memory test. Anyway...

1) When you visited Sadok, there were two rooms to the north. One (the closest, directly north) just has some critters. The second (down a hall to the west) takes you to a rather special bedroom. IIRC, entering that bedroom opens up the ramps I spoke of earlier.

2) When you went down the elevator and got the quest from Z'Ant, there is a door on the opposite wall (west wall?) that will shock you if you try to open it. I've heard of a few ways to open that door, but I just used the Trang arm on the little palm reader. That door opened and much of the Bluff was then available for pillage.

3) I first got into LMB via the mine tunnels. In fact, I hadn't gone to UMB (via the swamp). The fact that I came in the "back door" before looking at the "front door" may be screwing up my memory of how things worked. Since it sounds like you're doing things in the intended order, perhaps that affected things. I'm not sure why it would matter, but maybe it did.

Hope this helps. If not, kick my brain with a few more questions and we'll try again.
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 1:16 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I tried that way before, but accidentally killed the T'Ran people, cause everyone down in the lower Bluff to attack me.

Now, to the north of Sadok is a storage area with some goodies and a bookcase. To the south of the elevator is a room with T'Ran sentinels and they say "Leave this area at once."

I guess I'm not suppose to go any farther at this time. So it's off to capture the flag. The only door available to me is the one between Sadok and the sentinels is a "riddle" door that won't open until I answer a riddle.
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 3:06 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Do you have Martens idol?
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 6:37 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

What idol?
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 11:26 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Your main quest in Martens Bluff is to get Martens idol.
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 11:45 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I was just about ready to leave the Bluffs in flustration; when it dawned on me, the answer to the riddle asked by the door. Boy, where was my head on that one? I lost ten points in RPG playing for not knowing the answer more readily. Stupid me; but at last I figured it out. Now, I venturing inside the other part of Lower Marten's Bluff

Still haven't figured out about the idol, or how to get into two rooms in the upper section, but hopefully the answer lies ahead

[ This Message was edited by: Max Killen on 2002-04-07 09:31 ]
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 2:29 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Idol is in one of these two rooms.
I think you will be able to find your way. It was bigest and longest stuck for me and I do not want to spoil it for you .

But when you will really really want, I can give you clear walktrought .
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 5:30 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I'll step outta the way for the man with the better memory. Perhaps I'm gonna have to give up on MM9 and replay Wiz8 all the way through. Can't be much help with a fuzzy memory....
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 8:01 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I went through the rooms on the other side of the riddle door. Not much in there, oh, the diary was there. I went back up the elevator, still couldn't find exit. I'm getting a little frustrated with game. Might and Magic isn't out yet and either is Dungeon Siege, might play a little Return to Wolfenstein and give up on this game.
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 8:11 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Max, unless I'm an idiot with a map, MM9 and DS are both available to you now. I bought MM9 on 29MAR at Electronics Boutique. I held the DS box in my hands at the same store Friday (5APR). On the GoneGold boards I lurk at, DS is getting mixed reviews. Seems to depend on whether you're expecting an RPG or not. It seems the only tie DS has to role-playing is that your character(s) gain levels. Beyond that, nada.
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 8:18 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I'm in the middle of nowhere. No EB around, CompUSA doesn't have either game. But I did get a rain check, lucky me
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 8:25 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next