I'm in Chapter 2, but why does Lord Hagen not give me the or
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
group1
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I'm in Chapter 2, but why does Lord Hagen not give me the or

I'm in Chapter 2, but there is still no speech dialogu for me to ask Lord Hagen to give me the ornament.

Why is this so? Do I first have to visit the Valley of Mines before he will give me the ornament?
Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:24 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

You mean the Eye of Innos? If that is the case, you have to go to the valley of mines, talk to Gerond in the Old Camp, then do his quest. In involves going to three different mines to check up on their progress. After you finish his quest, he'll give you a paper to bring to Hagen.
Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:07 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

You have to speak with Cavalorn first and he'll tell you, that paladins took the ornament piece. Then say that you will go and get it, and after that, get to Upper Quarter and ask Lothar. He will say that they got the ornament piece and that Lord Hagen has it now. Then speak to Hagen and you'll get it.
Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:05 am
Kahrik
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Cannot get ornament

Hey guys,

This is my first post on the board - have been lurking for a while and enjoying the entertainment that this board often brings

I have to ask a question about my favorite game (which is of course Gothic 2, with the addon). I have searched all over the forum and nobody has addressed my particular problem, or I have just missed it somewhere (likely I have just missed it somewhere...

I need to get the last ornament piece from Lord Hagen but I can`t get past the guards to talk to him because I haven`t joined a guild yet. I am holding out to join the circle of water, but I`m thinking that the reason I can`t get in to talk to Lord Hagen is because of something Sem mentioned - that I haven`t yet joined a guild. Is this to say that I have no choice but to first join a guild to get in to talk to Hagen? If so, then I won`t be able to join the Circle of Water later on, isn`t that right? Or can I join the monastery and then join the circle of water, for instance, as sort of a sub-guild?

Again, really sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. I hereby entrust my query to the vaunted Gothic 2 cognoscenti.
Post Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:44 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Yes that's something Sem mentioned.
Even when you are already a member of the Ring of Water, you still need to join one of the major guilds (Militia, Mercenaries or the Novices) before the guards let you enter the courthouse.

The Ring of Water is a subguild, you will have to join in one way or another because the water mages don't let you go to the new world when you're not "one of them".
Post Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:04 pm