Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
New English Demo -Is there a difference?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Wraithix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Between this one and the "unofficial" one? Also...does this represent the final version? This game is something I could really get into. However I will not be buying this game if it's plagued with bugs such as the pull weapon out, run into castle, holster weapon, then roam freely around when you should be dead or have to "earn" your way in. I also encountered problems where I couldn't talk to anyone or where I would hit someone with my weapon and the would just freeze in a stance not doing anything. Should I d/load the new demo or is it the same thing? The reason I stopped playing the first one was because it was buggy as hell.

Thnx
Post Wed Sep 19, 2001 10:36 pm
Tybal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I just posted this same question 15 minutes ago...
Post Wed Sep 19, 2001 10:43 pm
Wraithix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ya my bad. I clicked new topic then actually wrote the post in between phone calls and talking to people at work. Hopefully one of our posts will get a response.
Post Thu Sep 20, 2001 12:04 am
Wraithix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm assuming since the new demo is no different that it is a representation of the final game? Is the final German version have the draw/holster weapon bug or any others that allow for "cheating" gameplay? I hope this is not the case but if it is, count me out.
Post Fri Sep 21, 2001 11:21 pm
Kveldulf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You want to be counted out because a computer game has one bug? Are you nuts? You're going to miss out on everything Gothic has to offer because it isn't pefect? I would like you to show me a game that is perfect, because I've never seen one. Gothic is the most fun I've had with a game since Daggerfall, and Gothic is certainly more perfect than that.
Post Sat Sep 22, 2001 5:40 am
Alferd
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

As gothic is a singleplayer game, there are no secrets about many cheats. Cheating is supportet in all german gothic-boards.

It's your problem, if you use a cheat or not. I've played Gothic without any cheat. After that I tried some of the cheats and that gave me another 10 or 20 hours of fun and new gameplay. There are some fun-cheats like king-kong mode or other. In this game I like cheating (after playing 1 time correct).

Isn't it a 'cheat' too, to read in gameboards and look at all this spoilers?
Post Mon Sep 24, 2001 11:56 am