Killing Ylside's tips and a Few Questions Plz
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Malekitth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Killing Ylside's tips and a Few Questions Plz

Have a interesting tip for killing those speedy dudes in the city of Arx. I wanted all the exp i could get so ported into the city and was jumped right away, was like wtf, and ran to the Crypt up its stairs and to the right by the wall in the dark area there. Mr caffine as i call them lol, got stuck on the wall out side of crypt to right of stairs, just chain casting speed spell and standing there. I step back look at him, load up 3 fire balls and blast away. Thought i had him but woops he jumps up right next to me. Im like o no but was very socked to find he just stood next to me circling around like he couldnt hit me for some reason, so i chopped him up and pulled another to same spot. Err pull i mean hit one with fire ball while speed spell is on me then run like heck back to crypt and same result
Now i know this is something like a bug exploit and maybe not very "sporting" but dang i HAD 25 heal potions before that and 3 of those nuts later i was out like out in all shops all lillys gone in game i reloaded and found this little trick was happy to just get past them at all lol.
As far was killing them in castle just more pulling. I like to use speed on myself, load up 1 paralize and 1 heal and 1 fire ball port to castle kill guy on walk way, fire ball then paralize, and run in and out making them miss or trying lol and run far back heal all with speed on me so it dont heal them, then charge back in. Pumping mana potions (G key) to keep speed going . Once upper walk way guy dead carefully pull Ylside outsideof throne door in hallway Into Throne Room so have lots of room to move, repeat with all getting one at a time. It teadious this way but effective, i seen alot of post's asking how to kill them so i hope this helps some pep's maybe.

I do have a question, whats with Invis potions lol, trying to make them i mean. I have 65 skill for that, keeps telling me not skilled enough to make them. Anyone know what Object Knowledge skill i need to be able to make them? buggin me

Is it possiable to give armor not wepons but armor stat bonus like + Str and+ dex with bone and garlic.??
I can combine those items to like my greater stealth armor (all theif char, Lv and he says well this is something new then i use enchant scroll on it and i see no change besides the fact that it glows now... driving me nutty i like the sneak bonus on that stuff but it lacks badly otherwise. I was able to take of the durability with armorks or what ever rock thing though.
O yea where can i find a greater stelth Chest peice??
Have cap and legs cant find chest anywhere im at part in game in walkthrough where i have to goto crypt Lv4 ect. Done everything else up to that every quest and side quest and action possible. No chest peice want a full set lol.
Also is there a Ylside Healm?? Head peice?
Using mitheral, again want to get the whole set if possible for fashion reasons of course. Dang long post sorry, just got done playing 12 hours straight, Arx is addiction, i shut up now, thanks muchly for any help

Last edited by Malekitth on Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:45 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

That's what's great about this game, there are just so many ways to do stuff!
Mark Twain
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:00 pm
Malekitth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yes i havent played EverQuest for 5 days now rofl - this game is well i think one of the best games i ever played period. Is there going to be a Arx's 2?? "prays"
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:22 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Yes, but there has been no word on when. They are working on the xbox version, or may have just fininshed it, so hope we hear something soon.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:05 am
Malekitth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ahh cool thanks for info cmckj. Would yea know any of the answers to my other questions that Invisibility potion thing driving me nuts lol

Also In crypt Lv 3 as you first come down the stairs into the place on right is small room with a coffin and a hidden door on left but i Cant Open it
Where does it go and how to get that open if ye know plzz ?
I enchanted my Bow from chicken quest with golems heart and it Does parlize things but very rarely, still very sweet, i think better than the sword for killing undead, freze, fire ball, over and over lol.
Post Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:53 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I"m sorry I didn't answer your questions the first time. Did you add them after you posted? I don't usually not help. Sorry. Anyway, as for invisibility, I think you need 70 object knowledge. Don't worry, it is not that good of a potion and you will be able to cast it on yourself later in game. Yes some of the armor can be enchanted. I don't want to spoil it for you, so save first, and try different things on it, even some of the food items (hint hint). Don't cast enchant unless the item tells you "ready to be enchanted". You will find the rest of the suit in your travels if lucky. I think some of the stuff is random find. But I got it most times I played. No head piece for Ylside armor. As you get towards end of game almost all of the different types will show up for you to take. As to Lvl 3 that room will open for you after you get farther into the crypt. The secret is simple, just don't forget to go back to that room, as there is a long time before you actually open it. If I remember it is s few levels into the crypt. Have fun. This game is addicting I know.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:39 pm
Malekitth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Spoil Me Please!!!!!!

cmckj50, no need to say sorry, yea i edit that post then added questions and also i think how you help new players to the game is very cool, it not your job to do so but you do it and i thank you muchly. It like how i became in my old game Everquest after 3 years and over 320 days played in real time (320 X 24hours = time played lol) i just started helping new people because it was fun for me to do so. So any who, again thanks for taking the time to respond

Ok futher into giving armor stats. Flat out lol, is it possible that you know or anyone knows, to add Str or Dex to the Greater Stealth Armor? All i was able to do was take of the Durability so it never breaks. I keep thinking maybe it has to do with my skill lv but worry that maybe it not my skill level and it just cant be done. My poor theif with its AC 2 stuff is dead against a nastly spider even lol if it gets hit enough, so i get mad put on the good stuff that had bad negative sneak mobs and and beat it silly. But thats what im TRYING to get away from. I want to be a theif totally it seems i should point it out on Arx 2 "Wish List" that being a theif from begining to the end of game all the time is impossible in Arx 1 and should be fixed. But i am up for a challenge anyways

Is it possiable to add Constituion or Mental at all in this game with anything? I know how im sipposed to add stats, like poweder bone then add it to item then cast enchant on it after it says ready to be enchanted but want to know if Constition and mental can be done all i seen in game is > Garlic = Dex. Bone or dragon Bone = Str. Myabe i can take extra protection leather armor and make it better next game, put more pts into sneak so it over 100 at lv 9 with No sneak mod items and heave stat buffed armor that futher helps the theif. So i need to know please...

What is the total number of stats that can be added to any peice of armor? I mean can i add Both like say Str AND Dex to the Same peice of armor or can i only add one (1) stat?

Does adding more lets say Bone powder for example to the same peice of armor over and over Futher Improve it or am i stuck with only one application and nothing beyond that helps? Example: i powdered all 3 dragon bones then clicked on my leather vest adding all 3 piles of dragon powder one at a time to it then cast Enchant does doing so give a bigger bonus. I really did that and saved first and each time i added the bone powder my char sayd " very good" and "now thats something new" then i cast enchant and all i got was a glowing leather vest that showed no stats on it and i was like GRRRRRRR. Thinking maybe my Object Knowledge is not high enough or maybe they didnt code the game to show the improved stats or maybe it is not possiable or maybe i need higher Technical skill or maybe i need higher object knowlege for it to take or maybe maybe ACKKKKK SCREAMMM you see why i ask?? To many maybe's !!!!! It hurt my little head thinking about it LOL

>I got the game With No Book !!! <
Bought used game so i have to resort to walkthrough wich only tells how but doesnt get into the Details Enough on all the limits and ways this can be done. Not enough detail needs to go futher into it and really break it down. What can be done what cant be done. At least state what is mpossible so one doesnt spend time trying over and over lol, so i am asking yes for a spoil on this Enchant thing.For those who want to find out for themselfs maybe post a warning and use that spiffy blue text i een yea use in past hehe, or email me at -> nick_thompson30@hotmail.com if yea want I rely have tryed to do this on my own and learn,im normally really good at that type of thing, but with so many maybe's and possibility's as to what can be done or not and how it can be done and when it can be done at what lv or level of skill in wich skill ( i think probally object knowledge but not shure) im soo lost!! By object knowledge is 65 atm. Level 9 so i can get lv 10 if needed and fix it. Plz help, as this game im playing i used chicken cheat just so i can learn everything ( again i had no book ) and the next time though ill not use it play for real and want to be prepared. Still want to be theif and only cast spells when totally needed hehe. Thanks TONS in advance for all your help or anyone who has any advice !!!
Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:25 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

O.K. I'll make this short and sweet. You cannot make it through the game as strickly a theif. You need the good armor at times or you die. The sneak armor can not be improved enough to keep you alive at certain points in game. As for no book, I suggest you download the PDF file, which is a walkthrough, all stats, all items, all things Arx. It has all the numbers you asked about. It has much more than the book. http://arx.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10062&infoID=124&pageID=372&sid=bea9a000174dad3e4913d5ce646ab1ee[url] This is the one I mean. Hope this helps.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:55 am
Malekitth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I have downloaded that like 5 days ago. I will read it more but have looked and didnt see the answers to some of my questions in there. Like:

More that one (1) stat being able to be added to the same peice of armor. Possiable?

I will read my walkthrough from begining to end 2x carefully i might have missed stuffs. Thx!

Because we have a long time for Aex 2 to come out my new goal is to beat everything in this game as a thief and Never cast a single fireball ever!! Somesay it cant be done but thats the real challenge
Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:08 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I have never got more than one enchant on a piece of armor. Let me know it you make it. That would be a great feat! Good Luck.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:40 am
Malekitth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Bugged??

Maybe usuing the Bone and chair like i did cheat bugged my game some. Yes i did the patch before i even played the game. Problem is when i use Garlic or bone on any armor ( i tryed all the types of armor) It Does say "This is something new" (on ones it will work on) and it Does Glow Green, and it says " Ready to be Enchanted" so it all great and working BUT BUT BUT- dang it after i cast enchant magic on it With a scroll or with the spell myself, tryed both ways- It shows NO Stats and when i put it on.....
Nothing!!! Nothing changes grrrr i looked really close and no change in stats at all. Why would the game have it so it glows after adding like garlic and let me enchant it and not let me add more garlic after it is enchanted just like it supposed to do BUT not give me any stats for doing this?

Also it works fine for me with wepons only... Yep took a dagger used garlic got +2 dex to show up in stats only but when looking at the wepon it does not show the fact it has +2 dex it just glows and says : Dagger dam +2 durability 50/50 but at least it gives me the +2 dex so cool enough.

When i add garlic to a wepon it does Not say ready to enchant at all this might be a bug i dunno. It does glow so i cast enchant and it does like i said above. I can live with that but the armor thing is sooooo dissipointing sigh. I wanted to add Dex to Mitherl armor so far no luck. Mitherl stuff does glow after i add garlic also very misleading maybe a bug? Have any ideas?
Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:21 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I think you have done all that can be done to the items it sounds like. They are not able to be changed that much. I think some of the items change according to what your stats are so that is why there is no number. And some of the stuff just becomes indestructable, so no stats show up about that. If you used or are using the bone cheat, it changes all the stats and you won't even see numbers, as they are 100% whatever because of the cheat. I have seen a lot of people complain that the cheat caused corrupt files and save games, so keep that in mind. I would suggest you delete all files, save games ect if you want to play again without the cheat. Had one person start new game and old corrupt save game popped into the new game. Just a hint for the future. Arx 2 is suppose to give you a little more manipulation of items, but they really didn't allow that much in the first one. Play around with some of the words of power when you have all the runes, they are really fun, and different. I never use majic as a rule, but this game is one that I found them to be fun.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:38 pm
Malekitth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yea i been trying to get P O M and M A X to work no luck yet have you ever got them to work?
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:25 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

No, but I didn't try that much. As I said majic is not really my thing. You have to be level 10 for most of them, and as I understand it, they are very drawing specific. So draw carefully. Also, many of them have to be repeated like three or four times in a row to work. I did get the one for the UUW to work. I had to try a LOT of times, so just practice if you feel like playing around with it.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:03 pm