Help with thieves guild quest #2
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Moriarty
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Help with thieves guild quest #2

I'm a member of the Balmora thieves guild and my contact in the south wall bar wants me to get a key to a manor. I can't seem to sneak well enough to pickpocket either of the people she mentioned (The owner or his servant). Does anyone know how to complete this quest another way or how high your sneak/agility has to be?

Thanks
Post Sat May 04, 2002 2:21 pm
Damian

Bribery

This is what I did:

Keep bribing the servant with 10 gp until he gets to around 70ish in his demeanor towards you. Then ask him about the manor and his boss again, and he'll let you know he'll be willing to sell the key. I had to keep saving and reloading (if you fail a bribe, just reload and try again). It took me about 10 minutes.

Theoretically, you could do this with high enough speechcraft, but mine is only like 24.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 4:13 pm

Peregrine

Weird, Damian. I kept speechcrafting that servant till I had an 85ish rep with him and he still wouldn't tell me anything, I guess he only responds to bribes (maybe that was why it was mentioned that he needs money.) I ended up pickpocketing the noble, myself.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 4:19 pm

Damian

bribes

Maybe you have to ask him the "little secret" thing. Oh well
Post Sun May 05, 2002 2:28 am

A quicker way is to go to the rich house guy and beat the crap out of him until he drops unconscious. You still get the quest done and a few leves of hand-to-hand
Post Sun May 05, 2002 3:40 am

I just killed all the guys in the club for another quest and ended up with the key for this quest. Killing them took some work though.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 11:47 pm

shumal

I couldn't bribe him (speechcraft of like 6), so I tried Taunting him. I was successful .. however the whole group attacked me, luckily I had a blade of paralising so I wiped them all out. Got in minor trouble with thief's guild for killing him, will go back and try to bribe him since it's possible (and maybe go wipe them out later for this other quest
Post Mon May 06, 2002 8:34 pm

gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well, since i had to kill them anyway (Larius Varro at forth Moonmoth wanted me to get rid of these bad people ),
I just walked in, cast a dominate spell on the guy with the key, purposely made a missed sneak attack on any of the other guys. # of them attacked me, but the guy with the key is helping me now. After they are taken care off, I repeated the procedure with the guy on top of the stairs near the entry. Then I waited for the dominated guy and pickpocketed him. He attacked me so I had to kill him. Result, 5 dead camonna tong and a bounty of 75 on my head for 3 times pickpocketing .
then i looted these guys and called the council club my new home *grin*.
Instead of walking straight back to sugar lips with the oh so wanted key, I decided to go and check out the manor for myself first. And since I was there, why not grab a few things
Then I got back to sugar lips and she thanked for the now worthless key to an already robbed house *bigger grin*.
Then off I went to moonmoth fortress. At the gate, I stripped naked, walked up to the first guard available. He'd mention something about my 'state', and then I turned myself in and payed the 75 gold. Now I was free to go again. Got my clothes and stuff back and walked up to Larius Varro. He was so happy, he gave me a very cool ring 9for a thief that is) and also a book that increased one of my skills.
If that ain't getting the most out of a situation
Gotta love this game !
Post Mon May 06, 2002 11:37 pm
Akaz1976

I tried to pick the pocket of the guy at the manor but he caught me and attacked me. I simply killed him to get the key

Akaz
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:39 am

Joey999
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Great story gakkie! I would have never thought to strip down to my skivvies before turning myself in.

Early on in the game, I upgraded that thing that goes around your waist, sold off my pants, and went on my way. I came into another town and went into another shop to look around. As I passed a lady standing in the corner, she said to me "You look ridiculous!". I looked, and sure enough, I'd forgotten to actually equip the skirt thingy. I'd been walking around with nothing on below my waist but a pair of boots! Ridiculous wasn't the word for it. I thought I was going to have a heart attack from laughing so hard! Even after I equipped the skirt thingy, my legs were still bare. I quickly bought a pair of cheap pants and slithered out of there. How embarrassing!
Post Wed May 08, 2002 3:08 am
gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Joey999
Great story gakkie! I would have never thought to strip down to my skivvies before turning myself in.

Well if you don't you lose all stolen stuff... and like in your story, it's agood laugh when someone comments on your nakedness
Post Thu May 09, 2002 12:06 pm