Usergroups
Beat the game. *SPOILERS*
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Umbrood
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just pierced that last orc heart so the game is done, I allready knew the ending would be nonexistant from you guys so it did not bother me as much.

Heres a few tips and tricks, dont know if they are allready mentioned but:

Indefinite Mana/Str/Dex, when I unequipp a ring or amulet the game does not remove the buff, equipping it again gives me another buff, and so on and so forth. I stopped at 700 in each, most things die with one hit, can I somehow change this stats back to original?

Do not take the rune instead of the sword from Xardas, it is good but defeating the demons in the final is near impossible as casting time is really long.

Speed potions is your true friend, dont sell em.

Dont sell or trade the heart of the golems I did and had my work cut out finding them and buying them back.

lvl up massively in early chapters and get all the skills you need, later the quests will give enough XP to keep you up and you dont have to hunt around no more, just focus on the plot.

I finished the game as lvl 39, how high did ye all go?

Your Friend
Umbrood
Post Thu Dec 20, 2001 1:03 pm
Kiros_ssj
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just pierced that last orc heart so the game is done, I allready knew the ending would be nonexistant from you guys so it did not bother me as much.

Heres a few tips and tricks, dont know if they are allready mentioned but:

Indefinite Mana/Str/Dex, when I unequipp a ring or amulet the game does not remove the buff, equipping it again gives me another buff, and so on and so forth. I stopped at 700 in each, most things die with one hit, can I somehow change this stats back to original?

Do not take the rune instead of the sword from Xardasand had my work cut out finding them and buying them back.

lvl up massively in early , it is good but defeating the demons iye all go?

Your Friend
Umbroodn the final is near impossible as casting time is really long.

Speed potions ioriginal?
you need, later the quests will give enough XP to keep you up and you dont have to hunt around no more, just focus on the plot.

s your true friend, dont sell em.

Dont sell or trequipping it again gives me another buff, and so on and so forth. I stopped at 700 in each, most things die with one hit, can I somehow change this stats back to original? ade the heart of the golems I did and had my work cut out finding them and buying them back.

lvl up massively in early chapters and get all the skills and so on and so forth. I stopped at 700 in each, most things die with one hit, can I somehow change this stats back to original?
you need, later the quests will give enough XP to keep you up and you dont have to hunt around no more, just focus on the plot.

I finished the game as lvl 39, how high did
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:05 am
Mushukyou
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I just beat the game at level 34.
I don't see how you got to level 39...
what did you do for exp?
I killed *everything* on land, and all caves I could find, I had all quests cleared out.

I even summoned some demons to kill for +500 each for awhile...

I'm about to play again, using marvin mode to the extreme.

DO you know all the cheats for marvin?]
I could use em.

"It was not atheists who flew hijacked airliners into the Twin towers and Pentagon, Mr. O'Reilly. It was a group of religious men whose belief in a higher power motivated them to carry out their dastardly deeds."
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:38 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Check out the Gothic FAQ. It has most of what you need. Anything else you can search the boards for.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:43 am
Darnalak
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

hehehe, you can kill the demons with Wave of death, you just hafta put on your track shoes. Takes 2 casts, and you need about a 10 yard head start!

Darnalak,
The Necromancer
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:58 pm
WHITE x CHOCO
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

was it just me or did you guys think the ending was lame. i would of enjoyed seeing the barrier brake or something to show credit for or at least have a ceremony for the great holy foe. rite?
Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:05 am
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

I wanted to fight the sleeper actually. That would have satisfied me.
Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:39 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Yeah, the ending was a disappointment. I would have been happy with stepping on the Sleeper's fingers (or claws?) if he had held onto the wall to avoid being sucked down the hole. But no such luck.
Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:24 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:

On 2002-02-26 23:24, Val wrote:
Yeah, the ending was a disappointment. I would have been happy with stepping on the Sleeper's fingers (or claws?) if he had held onto the wall to avoid being sucked down the hole. But no such luck.

We can still imagine!
Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:26 am
Dragonmaster89
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmm i disagree with a few points you made. It was incredibly easy killing the demons for me. The second a heart was pierced i was able to cast 1 ring of death. the demons barely had any health left after that so i just pounded them with breath of death. IF you are a mage i strongly recomend you take the rune. also, i hardly ever used speed potions.
Just my 2 cents=)

Post Sat Mar 02, 2002 8:58 pm