Members
Usergroups
Cheating Magic Circles after 4?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Enix

Cheating Magic Circles after 4?

It has been hinted here and there that you can get to Circles after 4 if you continue with the New Camp's quests after finishing enough of the Old Camp's ones to get your magic up to Circle 4, am I right?

If so, do I have to do or say anything special to get someone to teach me Circle 5 and 6?

If not, what do I have to do to get that far?

Also, I also heard it mentioned several times in this forum that it is actually possible to cheat a higher Circle with the edit command and Marvin. Well...I've been all over the net, and to that nifty place somewhere in here with that EXTENCIVE edit list, and I have still yet to find anything about editing your Circle? If it can be cheated, how?

Can you cheat your sword and bow skills?

I'm so interested in cheating because I had a nice character that I ...stupidly... saved over and I had no backup to speak of. So...back at the Old Camp, I want to power up and get through the quests ASAP.

Thanks
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:37 pm

Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

To cheat for XP, insert the xp_map:
Type smarvins to activate cheat mode
Press F2 to open the console
Type i xp_map

Each time you use the XP map you'll get XP and ore.

Insert the character and story helpers to get levels and skills or solve botched quests:

type i ch to insert the character helper
type i sh to insert the story helper

Talk to them.
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:03 pm
Enix

Character Helper, Story Helper? Wow, those are new. Anything I need to know when I use them? Don't want to go too far ahead.

XP map is cool, but I achieved the result already, the hard way, by using edit. Thanks, though, I'll remember that if I have to do this again. Probably will for fun.

Will the helpers help with the magic Circles? That is the focus of my question.
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:53 pm

Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The helpers both 'speak' German, but you'll find a translation of their dialogues when GothicDot is relaunched...
The character helper will help with the magic circles as well. But you need the XP for it.
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:57 pm
Enix

No problem with the XP. Good to hear that.

Well then...German helpers that can work magic for me, eh? German...

If I'm too impatient (or too dumb to find it) for the GothicDot, could something like AltaVista's Translation work? You know, the whole scribble it down and type it in at the Babel Fish translator?

What about subtitles? Could that help?
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:17 pm

Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Babelfish is terrible... I wouldn't try it out. I have the translation at home too but I'm at work right now and so I can't access it from here. And the relaunch will be soonish, anyway... either tonight or tomorrow...
Overall the character helper should be easy to understand (it's subtitles only, no voice-acting):

Talent = Skill
Stärke = Strength
Geschicklichkeit = Dexterity
Magie = magic
Kreis der Magie = magic circle
Bogen = bow
Armbrust = crossbow
Einhänder = one-handed weapons
Zweihänder = two-handed weapons
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:54 pm
Enix

I'm goofing at work, too. No worries if I seem impatient. I just love the game.

Thanks for your help!

Could you post the link to the GothicDot site when it becomes available? If you'd do that, you'd be my new best friend.

Just kidding, thanks for all the help. You've single-handedly restored my faith in this game. (It's loooooong when you have a job to go to! Working all that far just to have to start over? BAH!)

If this could be some sort of reward, go to this site if you like gaming the old DnD way, or text based styles:

http://members.aol.com/armondsgo
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:56 pm

Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The link to GothicDot is
http://gothic.rpgdot.com
It's the RPGDot hosted site dedicated to Gothic. You can also click on the 'hosted sites' sign at the top of the page, or go to the forums menu and read the subtitle of three of the four Gothic forums...
Glad I could be of help. Thanks for the link, it's a beautiful site !
Post Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:01 am