View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Vapour_ND
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Level 10

Hi people --

I just completed the game, and I think I completed every quest -- official or not (this includes changing the "were-chicken" back into a man). Is it possible to reach Level 10 in this truly great game? The best I could do was Level 9 (about 125,000 XP). Thanks,

Vapour_ND

P.S. Has anybody tried raising a zombie inside the Goblin city (from outside the bars)? It's a riot.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:25 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

There have been a few who made level 10. It is hard and takes a lot of patience and practice. But it has been done. And yes this is a great game.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:00 am
Clawmaster
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Level 10

Yes it is possible, although it does require planning from the start the way I did it. Search a thread called "wondering" and find out one way to do it. I'm sure there are others too! You're definitely right about this being a great game. I like your zombie idea. I'll have to try that one! I hear that's a great place to summon the Golden Ylside too if you've got a ton of arrows and Inut's bow Preferably dragon bone enchanted. but you will need telekinesis to open the door to collect your armor.
Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:31 am
George
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Major screwup

I'm at the final door where you need the 5 meteor rocks to place on the columns. I only have 2 because I used the other 3 to weight down pressure plates and such. Is there a way to cheat and get 3 more meteor rocks? Is there a final save at the door available? please answer here or to the below address.

George
garrison@ekns.net
Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:19 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

You can save inside the room where you need to put the rocks, but you have to have all five or you are stuck. In this game stuff you put down stays where you put it. They should be there for you. Check first. Other than than you can only send email to J Roby at Arkane and see if he can send you a file with the rocks to insert in the game. There was a bug until last patch came out and he was helping by sending people the one rock that was coming up missing, but not three. I found a lot of items right where I left them in the game regardless of when I did it, so hopefully you will find them and can go on. Save where you are and if you find them, save after you get them in place and before you enter the next room, then you can go out and kill all things you missed for more exp. and maybe a new level. Hope you find them. If not just use the first thread here re: tech help and get the email address for jroby.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:02 am
George
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Greets cmckj50,

I really hate going back to look for those darn rocks. My brother messed up with URU and is starting over that game. I'll check with jroby before doing anything else. tnx
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:12 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I will warn you that it may be a few days before you get an answer. He is sometimes tied up and doesn't get right back to people. That happened a few times. Busy man I think. Good luck.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:05 am
George
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, in the meantime I've retrieved 2 more and now have 4. I've been all over, including the locations where the meteor rocks were initially found. I must have thrown one over a clift or in the water or even lava (gee, I hope not!) Anyhow, I'll look around some more.
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:24 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Are you just ready to enter the cave where Akabba resides or are you actually in there and at the last room. If you are just going in the bunker, the last stone is in there. If you are at the room, then you will need the insert if you can't find it. He can send you that one stone no problem. At least he has in past. But it won't hurt to keep looking, and if you are at the last room, you can save and go kill eveything living in Arx and steal all the stuff, and just have a little diversion, just be sure not to save in the slot you have the four stones. Could really mess yourself up. By the way, pick a new slot and save in and then kill the king and all the rest. Get Carlos as well. There will be a key to those big doors outside the tavern. It will be the end of you but it is a funny little side trip. Hopefully you will get to end very soon. Hope you are ready.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:19 pm
George
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I found that one elusive meteor rock in level 4 where I used it to weight down a pressure plate. After placement of the 5 rocks and opening the door, I hit Akbaal once. After dodging and running around a bit, he summons a monster which I destroy. Then I managed to destroy Akbaal. Nothing else happens and I'm locked in. I think someone is supposed to appear but NOT. Any ideas what's wrong?
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:39 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Sounds like a bug. Can you reload to before you put the five rocks in and try again? You should have had a cut sceen when you went into the room, and after you kill him. Did you install the patch? If not you can still do it, but I would save in two slots just to be safe. You may need the tech support anyway. Or I could just send you a pm and tell you what you missed and you can start a new game. Up to you.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:08 pm
George
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've had the patch since first starting the game. I cheated during the fight with Akbaa and had him down with just a couple extra whacks with the special sword.

I tried again without cheating. After the first strike with the special sword, I immediately hid behind the colums and changed to an unchanted sword. I ran around, defeated 3 demons, then went to work on Akbaa with the regular sword. Now It's Finally Over!

I think the secret is to get him to drain his mana when he summons a lot and the mana is nearly or completely gone. Then go to work on him and the game ends like it's supposed to.

It doesn't make sense to have a corpse that still has mana!!
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:23 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Join the club of Akbaa Killers. If you played through as a fighter, try doing it again as more of a mage. You will still need some fighting skills as you can see, but the high level spells are really fun to use. Glad you figured out the problem.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:29 pm