sweet bows?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - Spoilers

Author Thread
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

sweet bows?

i am just starting NWM and loving every minute of it. i am trying to play a ranger/mage type with the focus in ranger skills. so, naturally i am looking for a lovely bow to help my character along. i am currently in chapter one. where can i find a good bow? i don't care for crossbows and would prefer an elven bow for my elven ranger. thanks for the help.
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:31 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

I can not remember where I got it, but I picked up an "Elven Court Bow" - a +3 long bow that allows upto 3 points of strength bonus ... does that qualify as sweet?
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:03 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

What mikelhall said after me makes more sense than what I said.

But the zoo guardian has a nice bow too, as far as I remember.

Last edited by MoonDragon on Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:40 pm
mikelhall
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

End of chapter 1 - in Helm's Hold. After rescuing the guardian, he gives you three choices of a reward, one of which is the bow.

=Member of the Worshipers of the Written Word=
=Member of the RPGDot Shadows=
=Member of the Sixth House=
=Member of the Alliance of Middle-Earth=
=Member of the Non-Flamer's Guild=
=Member of the Followers of Righteousness=
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:41 pm
mDrop
High Emperor
High Emperor

The elven bow in the end of ch1 is really cool. And by really cool I mean totally sweet

I used it through the whole game, since it was mostly a back-up weapon for me.

- Member of The Nonflamers' Guild -
- Member of The Alliance of Middle-Earth -
- Worshiper of Written Word -
- Proud supporter of E.H.U.A.O -
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 11:19 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah. I think only Composite Bow +3 is better.
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 4:33 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

can you ever make a custom bow? i was able to take some items to a forge in the core that allowed me to make a cool exotic blade (now if only my character could use exotic weapons. ). but, in the list of possible items i didn't see any bows. can you make a custom bow later on in the game?
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:53 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Nope.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:09 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

bummer.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:17 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Yep, bummer, The custom weapons offered in the beginning, is also the ones offered in the endgame, however if you make a custom sword with a +1 skill sword in the beginning, You can certainly make the same custom weapon later in the game with a +3 skill sword for a lot better custom sword.
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:52 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Michael C
Yep, bummer, The custom weapons offered in the beginning, is also the ones offered in the endgame, however if you make a custom sword with a +1 skill sword in the beginning, You can certainly make the same custom weapon later in the game with a +3 skill sword for a lot better custom sword.

I tried playing around with that in Chpt 3 - and for rapier, short swords and long swords if you use a +2 sword as a base, you get a +2 sword of what ever. However if you use a +3 sword as a base, you still only get a +2 sword of what ever.

So my ranger with dex of 28 and has weapons finesse and improved critical with rapier has multiple load outs

+3 Raper/+3Short Swd - for those hard to hit targets
+3 Long Swd of Undead killing/+3 Short sword - for the Undead
+2 Raper (neversleep (?))/ +2 Short swd (FeyDuster) - For humans and others who can be dazed - can't beat the multiple daze effects

The
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:45 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Lintra
quote:
Originally posted by Michael C

I tried playing around with that in Chpt 3 - and for rapier, short swords and long swords if you use a +2 sword as a base, you get a +2 sword of what ever. However if you use a +3 sword as a base, you still only get a +2 sword of what ever.

So my ranger with dex of 28 and has weapons finesse and improved critical with rapier has multiple load outs

+3 Raper/+3Short Swd - for those hard to hit targets
+3 Long Swd of Undead killing/+3 Short sword - for the Undead
+2 Raper (neversleep (?))/ +2 Short swd (FeyDuster) - For humans and others who can be dazed - can't beat the multiple daze effects

The

I made a custom greatsword out of a greatsword +3, and got a +3 custom greatsword with other nice additions. I haven't tried every custom piece, and surely not the (short/long) sword custome piece with a sword +3. I just presumed it would hold true to all custom pieces, that the more powerfull the weapon you spend, the more powerfull the weapon you get. Anything else seems to me like a bug!
In the beginning I also got 3 to 4 weapons for different foes, but after getting me specialized (skill/treat wise) in greatsword, I used it all the way, it's damage rating was way over any other other specialized weapon. Only against dragons, I had my "dragonkiller" longsword as a backup for better penetration against these tough creatures.
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 2:08 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

okay, here is another question regarding bows. is there a good place to buy special arrows for your weapons? it can get costly to be a ranger when a quiver of penetration arrows are priced at over a 1000 gold--not to mention the expense of magically enhanced arrows.
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:17 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I always found enough. Of course, the bow wasn't my primary weapon.
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:46 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

@txiabxyooj
soon enough you'll have so much money you won't know what to do with it, so buying 100 arrows for 1500gp won't be such a burden.

@michael c
each weapon that gets +1 version in chap1 gets another version in chap3. Unfotunately, many of the weapons are +2. And that's constant. All that happens is that the smith swaps the items you put into the forge with a new premade item. So, the effects aren't cumulative. Also, the only sword that ends up +4 in chap3 is a katana. In fact, the only other +4 weapon, as far as I remember, was a dagger.
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:51 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next