Usergroups
what r u playing right NOW?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

I am currently playing the Grimoire beta ... have to put Wiz 8 down for a while. *sniff* But Grimoire makes up for it ... even if I don't know what half the abbreviations are for!

@Val - Ack! Over run w/ bunnies!!! Actually the SBR has been shuttered up and closed down. With out Pinnen around it just wasn't the same. How ever, I might have to round up a posse to clean out the varments (sp??) ... wouldn't want pink vampire bunny poo all over the place
Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:41 pm
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

PC
Just finished: Restricted Area - whole lotta 'meh'.
Just finished: Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend - $20 and ~4-5 hours I wish I could have back.
Now Playing: Boiling Point - very interesting FPS/RPG story setup, horrible game performance ...

Mac
Now Playing: Diablo II - I *really* hated Diablo after banging my head against it for a while (my poor wife bought it for me when it came out ... no wonder she hates shopping for me ) ... so I've avoided Diablo II ... until I could get the 'battle chest' for cheap. So now I'm finally playing it.

Nintendo DS
Now Playing: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA Game) - I continue to anguish over every turn, and love the results.

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:43 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

@Lintra: Pity. That place was half the reason to visit the NFG on a daily basis. I guess without proper villians and boon companions, one can run out of steam.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:56 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Val
@Lintra: Pity. That place was half the reason to visit the NFG on a daily basis. I guess without proper villians and boon companions, one can run out of steam.

Arg! I am really trying hard not to de-rail threads anymore ... but I have to respond.

You guess correctly. No surprise there (your guessing ability that is). With out the crazy swede, the evil doctors and the every enthusiastic roach, it just wasn't the same.

I have to admit I *really* miss the completely inane and (mostly) harmless banter that went back and forth. Sigh. The bit you wrote shooting Roach down was one of the best ever - a really great bit of writing perfectly targeted!

Okay ... time to stop CTB'ing ... but thanks reminding me of some of the great exchanges.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:12 pm
roorooroo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Lintra
quote:
Originally posted by roorooroo
Just picked up Might & Magic 7 and 8 both for 99pence(UK) each second hand so many more hours of RPGing from them is imminent!

Just started playing Arx Fatalis again too.

Awesome! As so many of you out there know, MM7 is one of my all time favorite games ... I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!!

Oh, did they come with manuals? If not, get a hold of a copy before starting, party design is half the fun (just ask dte *grin*).

Hi Lintra...MM7 indeed looks great so far..luckily the manuals were on the disk in PDF format as were the maps..I'm still pontificating over the party but looks like I'm in for some great fun on the cheap!

All the best to ya!
Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:51 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Shadowrun (Sega Genesis)

Half-Life2 (PC)
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:22 am
cecirdr
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Right now...Might and Magic 7. After that, probably Wizardry 8. ...unless dungeon siege II gets reviewed and is found to actually contain a story. Then I'll try it out after I finish MM7.

Ceci
Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:32 am
Nukester
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Still sludging my way through Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, which has turned into pretty much a FPS at this point, which is a bummer because it started out very good.
Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:57 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

I finished several days ago my first run through Geneforge 3. Though I still find the game awesome, I admit it has it flaws (like the linearity ... that is killing me).

Now I am playing the Sims 2 University exp. pack. Though not technically an RPG the game is great, even as I had trouble getting it to a playable state (it turned out the video card on my laptop is unsupported and my CPU is not fast enough, but thank heavens it ran on my brother's desktop PC). And I am eyeing MM8 which he (my brother) bothered from a friend of his.
Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:13 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

World O' Warcraft - just about to lv#300 in fishing

GTA:Vice City - "San Andreas?" Fughettabouttit! I'm content with VC

Xbox- Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters - because sometimes you just gotta level a city and fight other guys in giant rubber monster suits after a hard days work
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:38 pm
nOz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

PLanescape: Torment(cool game)
Kult: heretic Kingdoms(kindda crapy but at summer time it'll doit)
NWN: Hordes of Underdark(NWN rulez)
and
thinking of morrowind but im kindda lazy to start it all over again...
Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:39 am
Lord_Brownie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Just started playing NWN main campaign with wife and 2 kids. We made level 3 on the first day and got the first waterdav. creature with a minium of bickering
Friday we make a run for the second one.
LB
Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:55 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Playing right now:

Gweled (a Linux version of Diamond Mine)
Cuyo (a Linux version of Tetris)
Duke 3D
Battlefield 2
Battlefront
Republic Commando (the only game on this list I haven't played before)
Jade Empire

...played mostly Gweled though (while waiting for the site to load).
Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:58 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

I restarted GII again, as Merc and i'm now Ch2 lvl 17, going quite well so far.
Furtermore I play:

World of Warcraft -- Best MmoRPG ever!
Battlefield II -- Great game, even when your offline.
UT2004 -- Just playing for fun.
Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:58 am
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Having recently torn through a plethora of games (after Dungeon Lords & Restricted Area, there was Pariah, Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend, and Project: Snowblind on the PC, Coded Arms on the PSP, GoldenEye Rogue Agent for the DS and Fire Emblem Sacred Stones for the GBA) I've spent most of the last two weeks or so working through Boiling Point on the PC, and also Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for the DS and Riviera for the GBA.

Whew!

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:51 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36, 37, 38  Next