View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Inaweirdworld
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Shop help please.

Greetings all!

I have a copy of the xbox version of this game and I must say I love this game. I have only one question that I could not find anywhere. Are all the stores open when you first reach the city, before you talk to the king?
Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:12 am
Psygnosis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm no expert at Arx, just started playing it a few days ago, but not all of the shops were open when I first antered City of Arx, when I had to give King Lunshire the message. But later in the game when you return to this city (And you'll be seeing alot of this city), all of the shops open, I think the next big event was solving the troll's strike, and once I completed this, the rest of the shops opened. But I wouldn't worry, you'll come across better shops later in the game that sell better items. Although Maria's shop (just next to the teleporter) has some good runes for sale.
Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:27 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Hello and welcome to the Dot. Psygnosis is right. The shops open for you later in the game. You have to do a few quests first. There will be plenty of places to buy and aquire stuff. lol So have fun.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:46 am
Inaweirdworld
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks, it is an addictive game, is the computer version better you think? I love my xbox but it is lacking in the RPG area. I know there are a few, but I can only play Morrowind and Baulder's Gate so many times. The others are just way to short.
Post Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:09 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

For Arx, at least from what I have heard from people who have seen both, the game is pretty similar on both. I have seen the PS2 of BG and that was very limited compared to the pc version. Same with a few others I looked at. For me, pc is the way to go.

You can go to the Top 100 list and the games database here at the dot and most of the descriptions will tell you if the games are available for xbox. Then you can look for reviews here of those games. At least that is a start. The reviewers here do and excellant job and give good details about games so you can make an informed choice. Maybe someone else at the dot would have some ideas for you, but you need to post in one of the other forums, maybe the CRPG General forum. Good luck, and maybe start to save up for a puter?
Mark Twain
Post Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:29 am
Inaweirdworld
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for all the help and suggestions and I agree pc is the better choice for RPGs and I have started to save for a new puter, gonna try to build it myself. I am a little picky though and am shooting for semi top of the line stuff. But hopefully in the next few months I will have what I need. I will check out the other forums too. Thanks again. I must say also, I love the format of these forums.
Post Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:41 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

You are welcome. You will find the Dot to be a great site, inspite of the current Fable ad. lol If you want to know anything about RPGs this is the place to be. And everyone here, (there is always one who slips in) is nice. Have fun with the game.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:04 am
Inaweirdworld
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes that Fable ad is a little annoying, but what a small thing to suffer for a great site.
Post Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:24 am