Gothic Patch and misc question...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Sentimal
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Gothic Patch and misc question...

Hi guys! I played Gothic a long time ago and i just came back to it after Gothic II got somewhat old. I have 2 questions.
1) I have the original Gothic... what patches do I need? Were there any released that made the game more efficiant? Where can I find them? What order must they be installed in? etc.
2) Off topic... anyone know if Gothic II add-on will be made in english or polish or any other langauge versions? Also if i have Gothic II polish version i will also need (once made) the polish version add-on? cant use the eng or other language add-on? must be smae language as Gothic II?
Thanks!
m-
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:53 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

1. The game can be considerably enhanced. Search the forum for different spellings of fps patch. You should find all the infos you need. Itīs definitely worth the effort. Reading the FAQ in the cheat guide, too.
2. We donīt have any infos if or when the Add-on will be released in which language. All we know is that the English voices where done a long time ago. You will need the Polish version.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:27 am
Sentimal
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks will do If the english add on comes out, i may just get the english gothic 2 so that i wont have 2 wait for polish ver.
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:56 pm
Sentimal
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hmm... an interesting problem to update the gothic game. No simple explenation or 1 patch to fix something. Im a bit lost. I have 1.8j english ver. So i will get the 1.8k although (i haven't noticed any major bugs) then i will install the kit i guess... hmm... strange i made a back up of my saves just in case if i will need to reinstall my gothic also 1.8k is a german patch? the install screens for it re all in german. I have the english version i dont want german patch
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:17 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

The patch issue has been discussed many times before. Have you checked the first thread of this forum for clues?
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:48 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

But let it be known,

The finest patch for Gothic is the German 1.08h, the in game bug fixes and technical and graphical problems that many Gothic players had to endure have been corrected, no more jammed winches, or Lester won't talk, or water for Lefty, Baal Lukor problems, Saturas and Xardas speech problems, Gorn in Ch/4 free-mine problem, Diego/Gorn?Lester problem, the list is long, oh! and i almost forgot, the added stranger quest.

The 1.08k/j patch is only needed for the Radeon graphic card probem.

Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:35 pm