ZyanTundra
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Swamp witch...
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 6:55 pm
LaBaN
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Inspired by the movie "Conan", it would be really awesome, if your characters mesh changes when you reach a certain amount of strenght, so you would look somewhat like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Also Horses for faster transportation. Magical Waypoints like in Diablo 2 or Dungeon Siege is lame. Teleport spells are ok, though.

I heard something about monestaries and that you were able to be a monk. If true, that rocks !!
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:21 pm
goshuto
Wanderer
Wanderer

Make NPCs hate you after you beat them up! It was really weird to beat up someone and then ask that same person to teach or sell you something.

And make the merchants harder to kill! They should be killable, but it should be much harder to do so. In G1, by chapter 3/4 I could already kill all merchants in the game (and thus not bother about money).
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:35 pm
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

I wish there are more crossbows and later weapons are not just better than the earlier ones like in Gothic 1. They should each have their own advantages.

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:16 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

i liked the idea of smithing, but you could only smith rusty swords... or whatever they are called... i want a smithing SKILL! and it costs like 100 points to master, and you can forge like 90-150 damage SWORDS!
oh ya.... definantly a companion, but not like mud... more like... robin.. from batman... a companion worth more than the turd he occasionally finds on his shoe from dogs that dont like him....
I WANT A WORLD THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO FINISH THE GAME DARNIT!!!!! morrowind for example, but more real life! like you HAVE TO EAT each day! you have to SLEEP EACH DAY! and for example, in gothic, i think it would be real cool to have just stayed in camp and be a shadow for a while, and even help a few diggers get into the shadows group! have them to jobs for you... like.. you GIVE them a test of faith, or get them to do or help on one of your current menial tasks. yaaaaaaaa.....

Don't you feel better now?
Post Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:00 am
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

quote:
Originally posted by SuperCowMan24

I WANT A WORLD THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO FINISH THE GAME DARNIT!!!!! morrowind for example, but more real life! like you HAVE TO EAT each day! you have to SLEEP EACH DAY! and for example, in gothic, i think it would be real cool to have just stayed in camp and be a shadow for a while, and even help a few diggers get into the shadows group! have them to jobs for you... like.. you GIVE them a test of faith, or get them to do or help on one of your current menial tasks. yaaaaaaaa.....

The eating idea is nice but sleeping.. yeah that would be realistic
but if I dont go to sleep .. do I have to make it up later?
I like going out at night... most creeps come out at night and you can
kill enemies in their sleep [ like scavengers..]
The idea about helping diggers.. that would be awesome!!!
But I dont know how PB can make such thing...maybe if you can help
just one person.. [ so many different faith tests would be a problem ]
Post Sun Jun 02, 2002 5:53 pm
LaBaN
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Yeah, helping people join you.. like if you were a monk, you could help a guy (someone like Mud (or just a little more clever ) forexample) join the monastary.
All in all, There should be more quests that has equalities with the quest in the SC with Baal Tondral needing a new student. When i got that quest, the first i thought of was Mud.. but when i after a long journey finally got Mud into SC, Tondral didn't show any interest. Only Dusty was good enough for him.
These quests should appeal to multiple NPCs, and not just one.
Post Sun Jun 02, 2002 6:05 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2