Gothic 3: System Requirements? @ World of Gothic
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Gothic 3: System Requirements? @ World of Gothic

<a href="http://worldofgothic.com/" target="_blank">World of Gothic</a> is reporting on an article from German magazine PC Games Hardware that purports to have the system requirements for Gothic 3. I'll be accepting donations via PayPal...:<blockquote><em>The article states that according to some members of the Piranha Bytes you need at least: <br> <br>Athlon 64 3000+/P4 2,8 GHz, <br>1 GB RAM, <br>Geforce 6800 GT/Radeon X800 Pro <br> <br>To enjoy Gothic 3 with all details, 4xFSAA and 8:1 AF, a Geforce 7800 GT/GTX is needed. Probably the new Ati Radeon X1000er-series will fulfill the requirements, too.</em></blockquote>Your turn, Bethesda.
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:01 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

How could they know 4-6 months before the release?
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:27 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

4-6 months? You´re quite optimistic.

At the GC they said that a good DX9 card like a Radeon 9800 Pro or a GeForce 6600GT would be sufficient for playable frame rates and some eye candy.

A 6800 as "minimum requirement" sounds like complete nonsense. I bet not even 10% of their target audience have such a fast card.
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:38 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

I would make a guess that those minimum reuirements are with *all functions* on, there should be, as alway, some method of reducing the various effects properties via an in-game menu like, sky, water reflection, T & L, misting, distance, rain, resolution, sound and others to help players with lesser capable systems....... i hope.
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:56 am

Lol .. i'm going nowhere with my sucky 5200 FX. But jeez .. i can play Quake 4, Fear, Call of duty 2 no problem with this card (with settings to the lowest that is) and i won't be able to play Gothic 3 ?
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:43 am

Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

This is complete nonsense. Those specs were needed to get the pre-alpha version "running". Those specs the ones from the pc's at the Games Convention in Leipzig.

These specs have nothing to do with the final version. The engine is still far from optimised. From the last interview you know that they don't even have a complete alpha version, let alone something that resembles the final result.

To quote some respected RPGdotters:
quote:
Originally posted by Rendelius
How could they know 4-6 months before the release?

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
I bet not even 10% of their target audience have such a fast card.

And I seriously think both PB and Jowood want to sell the game to a lot more people, including me.

I'm willing to upgrade my pc for Gothic 3 (and other games that will be released in the future), but I'm not going to buy a whole new one for it.
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:51 am
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Obviously bs.

i'll run it fine on full settings (with no fsaa) on 1024x768 with my set up thats of course if they optimize it properly

When the games offical requierments are posted and oblivions i wanna see the difference
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:14 am

Those requirements are obscene, and obviously not real.

Oblivion has much better art direction than the Gothic III screens I've seen anyway...system requirements don't mean jack.
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:50 pm

bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Sounds like complete BS to me as well. I only just upgraded my graphics card to a X800pro and I don't plan on upgrading again for another 2 years. Before that my 9600 pro lasted 2 years. With requirements like it won't be 10% of the market more like 1%. I thought germany was in a recession!!!
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:32 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

We´re not in a recession. We just have zero growth.
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:05 pm
Just another Guest

just a quote frome gamevision.de (link) :
quote:

...Wir haben mit Piranha telefoniert und nachgefragt, dies sind nicht die Mindestanforderungen für Gothic 3, so wie überall berichtet wird, sondern das "Runs best"-System. Die Mindestanforderungen müssten also um einiges niedriger sein.

and translated:
these aren't the minimal requirements for Gothic 3, these are the "runs best" specs.
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:16 pm

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Update:

GameVision called PB. It was a misunderstanding. The "minimum requirements" above are the recommended system for max details (without FSAA, etc., I guess).

----------------
So far it was said that G3 will "run" on a GeForce 4 Ti and deliver "good enough" performance on a Radeon 9800 or equivalent.
Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:37 pm
Bombadill
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well, I`m throwing in the towel. Xbox360 here I come.
I can`t keep up with the money and update my system every 3 month. Xbox360 can perform good graphics and more. No more pc for me.
Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:39 pm
gargar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
We´re not in a recession. We just have zero growth.

lol
Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:05 am
GokYabguHan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

This is complete nonsense. Can't I play the game on my 6600GT? If these are the minimum requirements then I think Gothic 3 will be released in 2009.
Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:01 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next