FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Best BGII party?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread

Best BGII party?

i was wondering what you guys think is the best BGII party, if you dont make the party entirly yourself (witch is bad anyway cause you lose all those nice NPC quests) i played it with...

My self Human Sorcer
Valagar Human Stalker
Minsk Human Ranger
Jan Gnome Thief/illusionist
Imoen Human thief/mage (first i had yoshimo)
...... (mostly none, or someone for a quest)

i liked to have 4/5 people, and early in the game even 2/3 to gain lvl“s easier...

so whats your best party?
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:29 pm

EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Any party is viable. You just have to pick a theme.

Righteous Indignation:
Myself (Minotaur Paladin)
Keldorn (Paladin)
Mazzy (Fighter)
Sir Anomen (Cleric)
Aerie (Cleric/Mage)
Imoen (Mage)

Let Darkness Reign:
Myself (Fighter/Cleric)
Another Custom (Fighter/Thief)
Korgan (Fighter)
Viconia (Cleric)
Edwin (Mage)

There's a lack of evil fighters and thieves so you have to improvise.

Magic Missile Swarm:
Myself (Sorcerer)
Nalia (Mage)
Jan (Mage/Thief)
Imoen (Mage)
Aerie (Mage/Cleric)
Edwin (Mage)

(they can kill a dragon in just under 15 seconds)

Natures Servants Await:
Myself (Ranger)
Jaheira (Fighter/Druid)
Minsc (Ranger)
Valygar (Ranger)
Cernd (Druid)
Imoen (Mage)

Comic Relief/The Wimps
Myself (Jester)
Haer'Dalis (Bard)
Jan (Mage/Thief)
Minsc (Ranger)
Imoen (Mage)
Anomen (Cleric)

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:26 pm

Hmm i forgot that i also used Keldorn yes hes nice guy

i like your magic party, i shall start again and try that party...

*starts BGII over again for the sevent time*
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:46 pm

EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Be warned... they have a rough time fighting mind flayers, golems, and beholders. Some battles in watchers keep will have you going prematurely bald as well.

My friend's alternate to the sorcerer is a dual classed fighter/mage... fighter to level 12 or 13, the dual to mage (you can still hit 30 with the throne of bhaal pack easy). He maxed out two handed weapon style and quarterstaff and likes to bash things with the staff of rhynn +4 (does more damage than the staff of the magi). He's drooling with anticipation to get the blasting/knock back +6 staff in Throne of Bhaal.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Wed May 01, 2002 5:41 am
HubaHuba

ToB is easy i found a trick for unlimited xp (NO CHEAT!) From the wall in that city people shoot at Fire Giants, you can set your Ranged guys on the script of ranged attack. Equip a bow, make sure you have unlimited arrows (you have some thing for that in ToB) and and kill thousands of those beasts. When everyone has max xp go play the game further and end it without looking at it .
Post Wed May 01, 2002 10:18 am

EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

That's not a cheat, no... but it's an exploit. If I wanted everyone max level, I'd use a cheat to get them all max level rather than standard around for several hours shooting unlimited monsters so I could claim some sort of moral victory.

My time is valuable.

Post Wed May 01, 2002 12:24 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen

My time is valuable.
My is not.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Wed May 01, 2002 12:26 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Even so... wouldn't you rather be moving FORWARD through the game, gaining levels as you fight new and interesting foes and challenges as you go over standing around for six hours at the beginning of the game to get everyone to maximum level and then blow through the rest of the game without any effort?

Post Wed May 01, 2002 12:33 pm
HubaHuba

of course its more nicer to play it normal, thats exactly what i did the first time. But after completing it ones you start doing it in other ways. Just like BGII, i have max XP Chars now, so i start summoning dragons (with cheats) and beat them up. Thats still a challenge (but only if you summon 3 at the same time)
Post Fri May 03, 2002 10:20 am

EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

After completeing it once I wasn't afraid to adjust properties using ShadowKeeper and make theme characters (like Vhailor from Planescape, who just walks through the game for the most part).

Post Fri May 03, 2002 12:38 pm
DungeonKeeper
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I took my original party from bg1 which included
1.Myself Madigan/bard
2.Raven/Thief-mage
3.Jahiera
4.Khalid
5.Xzar
6.Montaron(you goody goodies make me sick)
And with a little tweaking and editing, wave imports and portraits transfered the same party into icewind dale At level 1 of course didnt want to take away the balance of the game. What can i say i grew attached to group of misfits and there bickering amongst each other. So i again established this party For Bg2 except jahiera who was already there imagine my surprise when i found out that khalid was supposedly dead xsar ran into his evil twin xsar who wanted us to rescue montarons evil twin montaron LOL oops time to re edit.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 4:39 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

i've never tried playing with parties composed mostly of custom made chars. that must be fun, but tough for quests. anyway. xen, how the heck did you manage to get a minotaur char? i did that in my real D&D games, but it must be hard for baldur's gate.
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Sun May 05, 2002 9:10 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I used Shadowkeeper to change the character's avatar on screen to the minotaur, got a good minotaur portrait for the big and small pictures, and used Vhailor's speech pack.

I also used shadowkeeper to put the racial adjustments and abilities from second edition in. Ta da... Minotaur paladin.

I could have changed his 'race' to minotaur as well, but bad things happen to the game when you do things like that. So on the character sheet it read 'human' but I knew better.

I try and use 1 custom... 2 in the case of the 'evil only' party. The character interaction makes the game. Without it, it's uh... BG1.

Post Mon May 06, 2002 3:28 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

if someone had no life, and an unlimited resource of computer knowledge, they could totally custimize their characters to the point that they had their own subplots in the game. i mean, it's only one or two actors doing all the voices anyway, right? why not make it three or four (the last being your own voice, of course.) but, then, if you were that devoted to the BG series, they might have to invent a title for you, slap "syndrom" on it, and put you in the medical records as being the first person to have that sort of mental disorder.

that was a totally random thing to say, but i said it!
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Mon May 06, 2002 5:42 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

You're the protagonist. Everything that happens in the game is based on you... even the NPC quests are all about you. All your subplots are belong to us. Heh. No need to write and script more... or voice act some of your key lines in the game (though you could).

Then again, the best voice acting script editor in the game exists in your head. You can make your character sound like anyone you've ever heard in your own mind. Cheap, easy, doesn't get syndrome stamped on your head or require endless hours of computer knowledge application.

Post Mon May 06, 2002 12:51 pm