Items disappearing
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
memnoch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Items disappearing

Anyone else here had some of their items disappear, even if they are using them? I was out on a quest in Vivec and when I got back to Balmora I noticed that I had loads of kit missing. About 20 magicka potions, my Wizards staff, Dwemer Cuirass, a belt of life, 11 Petty gems, 7 Lesser Gems and 3 Greater gems. I know I didn't sell them and sure as hell didn't drop them. Could they have been stolen I wonder? For some reason every now and again as I am walking around, I will hear a dink, like the sound it makes when you equip/remove a ring. And sometimes that rustling sound like clothing. At first I thought it was a cue to tell you a magic item had recharged fully but I checked that and that's not it. I have since added these items back with the editor but I would still like to know. Most curious.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:09 am
Beo
Space Defender
Space Defender

Did you get caught by any guards and have to pay fines? The guards are greedy, you know.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:14 am
memnoch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No. I was a good little boy.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:16 am
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

I had the exact same problem, Here's a thread I started:

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6126
Post Wed May 08, 2002 11:42 am
XannyD
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I thought I was hearing things. I have heard those sounds too.
I also have been walking and stopped, and I heard footsteps.
Maybe I started hearing the footsteps after someone told me
that someone was watching me? Maybe I have been playing too
long? Am I the only one?
I have not noticed any missing items though.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 11:42 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Most interesting. i haven't encountered that problem myself - but if you HEAR something that shouldn't be there (like the plink of the ring and such things), it is most probably a feature and not a bug . Seems that there are some surprises in Morrowind...

Just a thought - have you been in contact with guards 8not having problems with them, but in contact)?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 12:21 pm

Some times I have had to squeeze my way past them because the gits tend to block passageways and doorways. I find this very annoying. I have heard them say from time to time "It feels like someone is watching me" Whether they are referring to me, or someone else, or it is just a random response I don't know. I may have a look at a random guards entry in the editor and check out his responses and see if there are any triggers or scripts associated.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:30 pm

Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Rend, the sounds are more than likely a bug actually. The sound is the most buggy thing in this game.

On my system, when I have 3D sound set to high (Low doesnt even give you stereo!) I get echoes of my footsteps all the time. But its not quite echoes because I walk and take one step then I hear about 10. This happens in the wilderness mostly.

Another thing is certain areas of the game make a certain sound (Dont know which one it is, probably footsteps) repeat VERY fast while I am in that area. Sounds like a damn woodpecker or something just a lot louder and a LOT more anoying.

Soudn when using my bow is also messed up. Sometimes I will hear it load and fire in the middle of a battle IN BETWEEN actual shots. Its not a delay because the sound plays normal when I realy fire it too.

Its realy annoying because I hear footsteps in dungeons etc and think there are people around when there arent. It makes it real hard to use sound effectively when you cant even trust it.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:46 pm